Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the BEST review of the PistolWear Trump Card Subcompact I have ever read!

Default This is the BEST review of the PistolWear Trump Card Subcompact I have ever read!

I came across this fantastic and thorough review of the PistolWear Trump Card subcompact holster at a Smith and Wesson forum. The author uses it for his Kahr CM9 and I purchased one for my CM9 on the weight of this. I must say it is definitely accurate except for a additional trigger cover that comes with it ( see my post in the comment section).
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/conceal...ster-belt.html

Interesting holster. I think it compares very favorably to (probably even better than) the SmartCarry. Here is a link to the YT video review for those who just want a quick look... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dU-FqjKvbts
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Definitely a deep concealment system.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I actually picked one of these up, very handy for a bunch of different pistols and not too bad at all for the execution. You can get them now from Cabelas's too and they are on sale for $36.... It can carry my MK9 very comfortably and discreetly... Even with a Kilt on....
    Comparison is the thief of Joy....

CW380
    MK9

Gun girdle?????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Gun girdle?????????????????????????
    Yup, and along with shoulder holsters and pocket carry these methods of carry allow you to effectively PIPR carry.... (poop in public restrooms). Not that anyone plans this, but when it comes up, it is usually an urgency that belies taking off a belt mounted IWB to keep it from being seen from under the edge of the stall, and to keep it off the floor..... Or you can try on pants with no issues, or wear clothes that don't look like you are carrying, so it has its uses.... Plus it is very comfortable, and I can rock it in my yoga pants, LOL...

CW380
    MK9

I have one, but use it only sparingly. My intended use is for walking/ jogging with sweat shirt. I use my Shield since it has a thumb safety and the holster material is thin enough to pull the trigger from the outside. My Shield is a 40 S&W. My thinking is, that in my neighborhood, an attack by a large dog is much more likely than a 2 legged creature and I wanted a heavier bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    I have one, but use it only sparingly. My intended use is for walking/ jogging with sweat shirt. I use my Shield since it has a thumb safety and the holster material is thin enough to pull the trigger from the outside. My Shield is a 40 S&W. My thinking is, that in my neighborhood, an attack by a large dog is much more likely than a 2 legged creature and I wanted a heavier bullet.
    The one I got a couple of months back came with an insert that is made of stiffer foam/neoprene, I would presume due to complaints/liability from possibly being able to pull the trigger when wearing it. The new insert makes that all but impossible in my attempts with an unloaded pistol (triple checked), so I am good with my Kahrs, or even a Glock with no worries. I have to agree with you on the dog vs 2 legged problem, it is this way in many more neighborhoods than you would think. At times "domesticated" is a codeword for lack of a natural fear in animals....

CW380
    MK9

I use my PT-2 to run with all the time. I leave my little LCP in a pocket holster so it stands straight up, and I have extra room for a magazine and credit card wallet. I have used my Trump Card as a shoulder rig at the office (understanding it is not a fast draw solution) and when I ride my bike. It makes a great cycling holster. I have used both with my CM9 as well.
    Last edited by codegeek; 10-13-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: removed dwarvish accent
    (this space intentionally left blank)