Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: Wrong about XS Sights

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Default Wrong about XS Sights

OK. I watched the videos about the XS sights. Now I admit....I was wrong. I agree that if you can shoot traditional or narrower front sight systems, like dawson's, you can shoot the XS sights accurately. I have always been an old traditional muzzleloader target shooter with VERY fine front sights. In fact, I inlayed a very thin piece of ivory in my front sight, so I had a front sight within the sight. That's how narrow a sighting system I was used to. I translated this to handguns, but incorrectly so. The XS sighting system is accurate. It is the shooter that needs to adjust to the width of the sight, by using landmarks within the XS front sight.

I still like my Dawson FO front sight. It is very fast for IDPA with a flat back sight. The FO jumps right out and puts your eye on the front sight.

That said, for SD, the XS would have an advantage, simply because it is BIGGER. AND I feel would be just as accurate, once the shooter gets used to shooting with this sight.

I was wrong. SO WRONG in fact, that I would consider replacing the night sights on my PM40 with an XS sight system, instead of a FO sight.
    I was wrong!
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I can take them or leave them in the dust. I chose to leave them. I just don't like them and that is enough reason for me. Point of fact I shot no better with them and for that reason alone I won't change.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I agree that there is no pressing reason to change.
    BUT ... if and WHEN I change out existing sights (which I am close to on several pistols) I will consider the XS.
    I think Gary has said it correctly.

XS used to be my favorites until I descovered the Trijicon HD sights. I find the bright orange works much better for me to see in the day time. At night they are equal.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I used to love FO sights. I kind of still do but they just don't hold up. If you shoot or train a lot the FO falls apart and the ones with the tritium inserts are no better. The inserts are coming out of the housing that holds them. Nice stuff but not a big fan anymore. I like the XS system on paper. I have never shot them. LZ favorite gun reviewer loves em:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8
    I am the Living Man

I run XS Big Dots on most of my handguns.
    In my hands they are CQC sights.
    But didn't like them on my HK45c.
    So I pulled them off and switched to Heinie Tactical Slantpro Qwik Straight.
    I totally love those sights on that gun.

My most accurate semi-auto runs adjustable Meps (USPT45) dialed in by yours truly.
    As particular as I am about NS, I love the factory Kahr sights on my MK40 Elite - go figure.

So for me it's actually platform dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    I used to love FO sights. I kind of still do but they just don't hold up. If you shoot or train a lot the FO falls apart and the ones with the tritium inserts are no better. The inserts are coming out of the housing that holds them. Nice stuff but not a big fan anymore. I like the XS system on paper. I have never shot them. LZ favorite gun reviewer loves em:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8
    He is like a blind, deaf/dumb, brain dead squirrel. He finds his nuts every once in awhile.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

XS will be coming out with ORANGE in 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    XS used to be my favorites until I descovered the Trijicon HD sights. I find the bright orange works much better for me to see in the day time. At night they are equal.

Default Which one's fit Kahr

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post

Which one's fit Kahr