Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Purchased A Remington 1911 R1

Default Just Purchased A Remington 1911 R1

I heard a lot of good things about this one. I've been eyeing it for a couple of weeks looking for a good deal. $599.99 out the door with a free 200 rounds of Remington HTP Hollow Points (rebate). Thats about $160 in ammo. I'm going to take it to the range in a couple of days with a box of cheap 230 grain factory loads to see if it has a problem eating them. This is my 1st 1911. All my other handguns are sub-compact size for carry: 357, 9mm, .40 S&W, and now 45 ACP. I just ordered the dies, bullets, and brass. I wanted a good shooter for the range in 45. Has anyone here owned a Remington 1911 R1?

I got one for Christmas but I still haven't had time to shoot it yet. Been a tough year.

I put some stag and a wide spur hammer on mine after GB went and teased me with the one he put on his.

Did you get the GI style or the enhanced?

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I guess it's just the basic GI style. http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com//wp-...gton1911_2.jpg I love the trigger! I like your grips and hammer alot!! I'm probably going to keep everything stock on it........for now. There are lot of things you can do with a 1911....it's endless. I put it in my carry holster (IWB) just to see how it carried. I think I can actually carry this cannon in the winter!

I carry a commander year round. When this Remington proves itself as a performer it'll get ample time on my belt too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have the R1S. Bought it back in May. No regrets. It has been outstanding to this point. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by warbird1 View Post
    I have the R1S. Bought it back in May. No regrets. It has been outstanding to this point. Highly recommend.
    I'm glad to hear that! It's great looking in stainless! It looks to be a bit more difficult to break down and clean than my Glock and Kahr. Sorry about the dreaded 'G" word.

I really wanted the stainless version but there weren't any around at the time. I did want the standard GI version, no beavertail and stuff.

My son got the enhanced one, with more bells and whistles. It's a nice gun too. Really need to get them out and see if they shoot.

I have very little doubt they won't.

Where's Greg? About due for some pictures of his long about now.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by CC Hoosier View Post
    I heard a lot of good things about this one. I've been eyeing it for a couple of weeks looking for a good deal. $599.99 out the door with a free 200 rounds of Remington HTP Hollow Points (rebate). Thats about $160 in ammo. I'm going to take it to the range in a couple of days with a box of cheap 230 grain factory loads to see if it has a problem eating them. This is my 1st 1911. All my other handguns are sub-compact size for carry: 357, 9mm, .40 S&W, and now 45 ACP. I just ordered the dies, bullets, and brass. I wanted a good shooter for the range in 45. Has anyone here owned a Remington 1911 R1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got one for Christmas but I still haven't had time to shoot it yet. Been a tough year.

I put some stag and a wide spur hammer on mine after GB went and teased me with the one he put on his.

Did you get the GI style or the enhanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I really wanted the stainless version but there weren't any around at the time. I did want the standard GI version, no beavertail and stuff.

My son got the enhanced one, with more bells and whistles. It's a nice gun too. Really need to get them out and see if they shoot.

I have very little doubt they won't.

Where's Greg? About due for some pictures of his long about now.
    CC Hoosier,
    Congrats on the R1
    I, like warbird1, have an R1S that I really like.

Bawanna,
    That's got to be the best looking blued R1 out there. Well done.

...and yeah, here's pictures of my R1S:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Greg,

That picture just sings. The back ground, the wide hammer, the whole package. I've had it for a screen saver in the past, I think I'll put it back again. I just love looking at that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

ALL very nice pics of the R1 and R1S! I took my brand new virgin R1 out today with a box of 50 cheapo PPU's. (at least they're brass). 3rd shot of Ist mag Failed to Feed but after that, 100% reliability. This is the best shooter I have! All the rest are subcompacts and 357 snubby. I love the 4lb crisp trigger. It took me about 3 hours to clean it due to disassembling and reassembling a 1911 for the first time. The bushing is extremely tight and I couldn't get it to seat via the instructions and many YouTube videos. I finally figured out that I could flush the bushing "before" pushing in the spring. I also had a hell of a time snapping in the slide stop pin without scratching the finish, but I got er done! :israel: