Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone pepper sprayed a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    A failure is every instance where the subject was able to continue their previous activity at a level of at least 50%. Meaning if they did anything other than a complete and total cessation of resistance ie. just stopped struggling 100%. If they could continue struggling and fight it is a failure in the minds of the manufacturers and officers. I have NEVER seen anybody sprayed that just quit and gave up any and all resistance, never even once. Personal observation and facts from CapStun and other major manufacturers. Some formulations work well. Many depts. switched in my area to a cheaper brand. The current supplier advises that from delivery to effect is from 3-7 seconds. It effects my breathing but VERY LITTLE tearing and eye irritation with the current formulation. Alcohol based OC is VASTLY better than the water based being promulgated currently. Aalcohol based is rare to find currently due to its claimed flammability problems.
    For ordinary citizen use against a two or four legged predator, I would suggest those standards are too high; those are all-or-nothing minimum standards. I don't expect my spray-ee to struggle and fight because I expect to spray them before any fight begins. If a fight has begun, the gun comes out.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    A failure is every instance where the subject was able to continue their previous activity at a level of at least 50%. Meaning if they did anything other than a complete and total cessation of resistance ie. just stopped struggling 100%. If they could continue struggling and fight it is a failure in the minds of the manufacturers and officers. I have NEVER seen anybody sprayed that just quit and gave up any and all resistance, never even once. Personal observation and facts from CapStun and other major manufacturers. Some formulations work well. Many depts. switched in my area to a cheaper brand. The current supplier advises that from delivery to effect is from 3-7 seconds. It effects my breathing but VERY LITTLE tearing and eye irritation with the current formulation. Alcohol based OC is VASTLY better than the water based being promulgated currently. Aalcohol based is rare to find currently due to its claimed flammability problems.
    Yeah, I think there is a big difference between and officer trying to subdue a criminal hell-bent on resisting arrest vs. an average citizen trying to repel an ornery dog or a purse snatcher. If it can accomplish the latter, I call that successful.
    ​O|||||||O

I am as big an animal lover of all kinds, as they come, but if an animal becomes aggressive and their owners can't control, or train their animal sufficiently, it's going to die. It will maybe be a lesson for other animal owners. If you want to be a pet owner, train and discipline your pet, or it won't come home.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I walk a lot, and often encounter less than friendly dogs. I have found that a water pistol filled with house hold ammonia is quite effective against the average neighborhood canine.
    And much cheaper. My parents carry a small CO2 fire extinguisher. Animals HATE the super cold spray. Another benefit is that it is NOT chemically traceable.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I have used the bear spray on charging/aggressive dogs on several occasions with great results. Dogs do not appreciate that product