Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 10th new Kahr... TP45

Quote Originally Posted by 8th SPS USAF View Post
    GooFa,

Is that a K9 or K40 with the ported bbl? If 9 does it make

a difference? Nice KAHR's. I saw a all SS large KAHR 45. What model

is it? Was interested, but gone when I went back, all that was left

was TP 45,P45, PM 45. I have a P45 and a PM45.

8th
    It is the K9 Elite with the ported barrel. Yes it does make a difference. The accuracy is notably better which is tough to do because the K9 is already an accurate piece. It also makes the recoil quite a bit softer, any softer and it would be non-existent. The large 45 is a TP45 which just came in last Friday. It was a steal at $430.00 delivered from Bud's. Yesterday I ran 192 rounds through it without any failure. I was very happy with its accuracy from 21ft. Recoil and muzzle flip was much less than anticipated and measurably less than my Glock 36. Of the two, the TP45 was more accurate in my hands. Here's a pic of a 5 shot group I shot with my K9 Elite w/ported barrel.

Default Kahrs

Nice group. Thanks on bbl. might get one for my E9.

8th

Quote Originally Posted by GOOFA View Post
    I really dislike taking photos of multiple pistols together, it lacks artistic value. Sorry.
    I disagree. that pic is gorgeous.

This question might be a bit off this thread, but I noticed that all of Kahrs MK models have a polymer guide rod and not a metal one like all of the up scale PM models....?????
    Were they trying to save weight...? I am a bit confused. In my way of thinking those little MK's are pretty heavy, but what could that small metal guide rod add to this little tank of a pistol. Any takers...............

Deleted due to operator error
    Last edited by HadEmAll; 03-09-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: goobered it up

Quote Originally Posted by GOOFA View Post
    I've been buying too many Kahr's lately and lost count, but this is # 10. Here's a quick pick, tomorrow to the range.
    I don't know what you're bragging about, Jay Leno has 84 cars.

Oh wait, different machines.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Seriously, that is a neat collection. I could be very happy with that. Kahrs are just fine handguns.

Default are u sure

Quote Originally Posted by DKD View Post
    This question might be a bit off this thread, but I noticed that all of Kahrs MK models have a polymer guide rod and not a metal one like all of the up scale PM models....?????
    Were they trying to save weight...? I am a bit confused. In my way of thinking those little MK's are pretty heavy, but what could that small metal guide rod add to this little tank of a pistol. Any takers...............
    of that, as the MK 9 and MK40 uses the same exact guide rods and recoil springs, as the PM9 and MP40. It is a two peace guide rod (captive). I can't see how a polmer guide rod can be a captice two peace. Unless kahr has made a recent change, they should be the same as they are the exact same size.. Parts lists still shows two peace steel recoil assembly..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Nice addiction you have.