Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: New CW45

Default New CW45

Just had my new CW45 to the range today. I'm new to the Karh-pool, and I was smitten by the PM9, followed by the CM9. Both were outstanding weapons, and I've put about 200 rounds through each with narry a burp. I was looking for a concealable .45 ACP and found a CW45 for 379.99 and couldn't pass it up. I received an email from Kahr stating that my complimentary magazine was on the way before I was even able to get to the range. I went to the local range today, and sent 150 rounds of Remington white box and Aguilla downrange with narry a burble. I'm new to Kahrs, having been a Sig and HK aficionado previously. The design of the Kahr is elegantly simple, and I had a "blast" today at the range. I'm impressed with the reliability and functionality of the Karh design. Used Frog Lube for the first time, probably running the pistols a little wetter than necessary, but it was a blast, and cleanup was the easiest I've ever had. I'm new to Kahr talk, but I'm a convert. The front checkering on the CW45 was "aggressive" to say the least, but I found the recoil very easy to control, and I was soon hitting consistently in the 9/10 ring. I have a few more rounds to go before the magic 200 number, but I've had no malfunctions whatsoever, and I'm extremely please with my latest acquisition.

Great report and welcome to Kahr Talk!
    Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those that don't.

Great first post! Welcome to the forum.

I made a grip cover out of a 1.75" bike tube for all of my polymers. When I got my PM45 I knew that I had to do something because those nibs were like cheese graters. I then put the covers on the rest of my polymer Kahrs... nice feel... and free!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Congratulations on your new CW45 and your other Kahrs as well. The CW45 is what convinced me to join the "Kahr-pool" and it led to finding an MK40 that I really enjoy, but I am still waiting on loading dies and a couple of molds so I don't have to keep shooting factory loads for plinking. They are both very good carry pieces.
    And Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Southerngunner; 07-11-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    " In God We Trust" I love my Country its the Government that I fear.
    Gun control isn't about guns, Its about Control.:32:

had mine a few months now. not as many rounds thru it as I would like, but it shoots so well. I bought a hogue jr slip on, very easy to put on. widens the grips just enough for my large hands. Need more range time before I can give you an accurate idea of any softer recoil with it on. But I do love the pistol. It is my EDC

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird94 View Post
    had mine a few months now. not as many rounds thru it as I would like, but it shoots so well. I bought a hogue jr slip on, very easy to put on. widens the grips just enough for my large hands. Need more range time before I can give you an accurate idea of any softer recoil with it on. But I do love the pistol. It is my EDC
    I put this Pachmayr Tactical Grip on my CW45. It feels good in-hand, but does twist a little on the grip after 50 rounds or so. Very easy to twist back.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm pretty fond of my CW45 as well. It quickly made it to the top of my carry gun list which includes three other Kahrs. I tamed the rough stippling with a Talon grip. It works very well.