Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Herter's Select Grade Brass Case

Default Herter's Select Grade Brass Case

Has anyone here tried this ammo? I just ordered 1200 rounds in 9mm 115gr FMJ from Cabela's. I hope I like it.

I shot the .380 and it did work ok EXCEPT I had one squib round out of maybe a few hundred. I think there was no or not much powder in the round. I cleared it myself when I got home with a wood dowel and rubber mallet. If you get a bang or pop and the slide doesnt operate normal look for a barrel blockage before shooting the next round.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I shot the .380 and it did work ok EXCEPT I had one squib round out of maybe a few hundred. I think there was no or not much powder in the round. I cleared it myself when I got home with a wood dowel and rubber mallet. If you get a bang or pop and the slide doesnt operate normal look for a barrel blockage before shooting the next round.
    Wow..good tip! I hope I don't run into anything like that, but I will definitely watch out for it.

I have a Cabelas a few minutes from my house, I use a lot of their Herters ammo. It is good stuff and is usually the cheapest.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rahmann62 View Post
    I have a Cabelas a few minutes from my house, I use a lot of their Herters ammo. It is good stuff and is usually the cheapest.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, I got a decent deal on it for what ammo is going for now. Glad to hear it works well for you. I'm hoping for the same!

I am happy to report that I shot 200 rounds of the ammo today with zero problems in either my Walther PPQ or my Kahr CM9. It seemed slightly hotter than the Federal Champion and shot fairly clean. It grouped very tight too. I am happy with my new ammo!

I shoot it all the time. Never had a problem with it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    (this space intentionally left blank)

At the risk of resurecting a zombie thread, I tried some Herter's 380ACP 95gr FMJ earlier this week in three mouse guns (mice gun?) and here's the results:

Gun ........................ 10 shot ... ES .. Difference
    ---------------------- average ---------------------
    CW380 2.58" 908 37 1.6%
    738 TCP 2.84" 922 39
    LCP 2.75" 912 42

Comments: The ammo shot a little to the right at 25 yards with the CW and the TCP, and a lot low and right with the LCP. Accuracy was typical for this kind of practice ammo, about equal to Blazer Brass but costing $4-5 less (20-25%) per box of 50. Accuracy results (for me) were 8 or 9 out of 10 on a repair center (10.5"x10.5" bullseye center); best score was 86. Expensive defense ammo usually is a little more accurate. YMMV.