CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PM45 input requested

Default PM45 input requested

I came across a blued PM45 at my local shop. It is Being sold as used but was never shot (I validated with previous owner). Because I recently bought a CW380 and CM9 they offered it to me for $550. Looking to add 45 acp to my CCW inventory. I am looking for feedback from PM45 owners regarding this gun. Please provide your opinions on reliability as a CCW. Would you recommend this gun?

thanks
    Dan

Love my PM45. I am wearing it right now as I type this. Recoil is manageable, shoots straight on, fits my hand like a glove and is powerful. I have had only one FTE in the first 200 rounds and nothing since, with about 500 rounds shot through. You will love it.

Just be aware that a FIRM grip is mandatory, and be prepared for some attention at the range; these things have quite a bark. As in : what the heck is that hand cannon you got there? As for recoil, lets just say a cm9 is kinda mild by comparison.
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

Not PM45 input but ...
    FYI - Not sure if you are aware, or interested (if not, disregard my post) in the fact that the new CM45 is available now.
    I recently bought one for about $200 LE$$ then the used PM45 your looking at.
    Also on a used Kahr you may run into "issues" trying to get warranty work done depending on how Kahr CS feels like treating you about it.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...-report-added)

Thanks for the heads up on the CM45. I knew it was due sometime this year but not that it was available now. I called my local dealer and he can have it here next day with the Davidson lifetime guarantee for $369.95, WOW!
    i think I can get the PM45 for $525.00 so that's $155.00 more than the CM. Now please help me understand is the PM version worth the extra $155? Or is this a no brainer?

Does the PM45 have the night sights? Mine does. If it has them they are worth the extra $150.

No it does not. What it does have is that it is a blued gun which I like more than the two tone. Probably not worth the extra money though.

The finish is not actually bluing... The black coating Kahr uses is called DLC "diamond like coating" and is a very strong wear resistant coating over stainless steel. If it is worth that much more $, plus the possible warranty issues with a used Kahr is your call.

edit; Another FYI ...Kahr is currently having a promo - Buy a new C series gun and they give you a second magazine free of charge after sending in some paper work.

Here are the other differences between the C + P kahrs.

For me it's a no-brainer just because I like the looks of the CM45 slide better than the PM45. But that's just personal preference. I think the warranty is a valuable consideration too. So I vote CM45 (if you are taking a poll).

That being said, I bought both my Kahrs used. But they are stainless and I think that makes a difference.
    ​O|||||||O

The frame and works of the PM45 are the same as the CM45. Only difference really... is the rifling (no big deal) and the front sight attachment (which may be a big deal for some sight types).

I walked into Florida Gun Exchange one day during Bikeweek, and walked out packing a PM45. It worked so well, that I bought another as soon as I could find one used. The used one also runs perfectly. It rides in my front pocket every day. Two PM45's, zero real isses, other than a few quibbles at first on the new one I got. Those have since abated.

I don't know of any reason a CM45 would work with any less certainty.