Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fairly frequent noobie question...

First of al the kahr pistols have combat sights. The white dot should cover the the intended point of impact and the dot should float over the bar of the rear sight, not sit on it. If your sight picture is correct and you are staging the trigger, you could be anticipating recoil and pulling down the barrel just as the shot breaks. To cure the windage problem watch the video posted below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdXm...NhUy5_SzxfWGoQ
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    First of al the kahr pistols have combat sights. The white dot should cover the the intended point of impact and the dot should float over the bar of the rear sight, not sit on it. If your sight picture is correct and you are staging the trigger, you could be anticipating recoil and pulling down the barrel just as the shot breaks. To cure the windage problem watch the video posted below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdXm...NhUy5_SzxfWGoQ
    Good video and probably right on. The Kahr is the smallest handgun I've ever shot, by far. I think it's a case of the long trigger pull and the foreshortened grip distance. To repeat from an older post, I've not had this problem with other handguns...

I'm new to Kahr pistol. Bought my cm9 this past Wednesday. At first, I was shooting left and sometimes a little low. So I started pulling with the first joint of trigger finger, same as shooting a double action revolver. Then I was hitting dead on. At seven yards I was hitting bullet holes. Made all the difference in the world for me. I was initially trying to shoot it with the pad of my trigger finger like I shoot my 1911s and it was not working for me.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. View Post
    I'm new to Kahr pistol. Bought my cm9 this past Wednesday. At first, I was shooting left and sometimes a little low. So I started pulling with the first joint of trigger finger, same as shooting a double action revolver. Then I was hitting dead on. At seven yards I was hitting bullet holes. Made all the difference in the world for me. I was initially trying to shoot it with the pad of my trigger finger like I shoot my 1911s and it was not working for me.

Joe
    I tried experimenting with that. One problem is I have recent wound in my left thumb (I'm predominantly a rightie), so my grip is just not normal at the moment. That's not mentioning the functional things normally done with the left hand, like discharging a mag, releasing or racking the slide, etc. I just have to let it heal before I go back and try again. At least, the gun now has more than their recommended break-in 200 rounds on it. One thing I didn't anticipate was the amount of effort it takes to rack the slide against the recoil spring. I had thought that it could double as a CCW for my wife from time to time. However, she's tried to rack it and she can't. She is not a weak woman by any means and does a lot of really physical stuff requiring arm and shoulder strength...

Easiest racking mouse gun I found for women when I was selling them was the Sig P238. Not a striker fired DAO though. Its a mini 1911 style weapon, but smooth as hot butter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Easiest racking mouse gun I found for women when I was selling them was the Sig P238. Not a striker fired DAO though. Its a mini 1911 style weapon, but smooth as hot butter.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a couple of friends who swear by that gun. Friday, when I was unable to rack it normally and had to do it right-handed or with a modified grip, catching it between the palm and finger tips of my left hand, it occurred to me to have my wife try it. She couldn't do it, and, as I said, she's not weak. I'll let her try the Sig...

Practicing with snap caps, I had a new idea. I'm ambidextrous, with a lot of tasks assigned to my left hand. (Found that out the hard way when I had carpal canal surgery on my left hand.) The little Kahr gives so little room to grip, even with the Pearce extension, I'm going to try a two handed grip, pulling the trigger with my left hand...

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have a couple of friends who swear by that gun. Friday, when I was unable to rack it normally and had to do it right-handed or with a modified grip, catching it between the palm and finger tips of my left hand, it occurred to me to have my wife try it. She couldn't do it, and, as I said, she's not weak. I'll let her try the Sig...
    I certainly second that. Love my P238.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Comes in some nice looking variations too. Mine is the 'We the People' edition.