Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Racial Profiling

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    While it is not fair or the right thing to do, people profile each other based on race all the time and have for a long time too. No one is immune from it. It's a fact jack. Since it cannot be legislated away, lets get over it.
    For most of us profiling is just part of situational awareness. I don't really think morally right or fair comes into it. The question is effectiveness.You cant instantly know somebodies life history (yet) so you have to make some crude provisional judgments based on appearances. If you don't "profile" you're not very smart. If skin color (not "race" which you can't see) is more than a very minor part of that profiling, you're also not being smart. Clothing, grooming, attitude etc., hell yes you better look at that.

You can't judge a book by its cover. For instance, if most people saw Jocko walking toward them on the street they might cross over to the other side, but once they got to know Jocko like I have, they would definitely cross over to the other side of the street. Just sayin".
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Duuude.................
    I am the Living Man

It is called the Totality of Circumstances. Take each and every detail into account.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

My theory has always been that about 2% of all the people are a holes and they get all the news coverage....so the bigger the city the more a holes strictly by the numbers. Bottom line, there are more good people than bad. Then you add in the slanted media that likes to stir the pot and incite most racial issues.....and the jessie and al are always wanting their 15 minutes of fame and they stir the pot to get attention.
    Sooooo 98% of the people are good no matter what race they are!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    It is called the Totality of Circumstances. Take each and every detail into account.

So true!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Not race, but I am in favor of dirt bag profiling.
    If it looks like a dirt bag, acts like a dirt bag and smells like a dirt bag, it's probably a dirt bag. I also like "the first impression is a lasting impression". If the politically correct police are reading this, too bad!

"Final thought" so to speak. To Some, not ALL people, it seems like when certain races/people are being profiled against, its all good (ie: again the NYPD stop and frisk). But now that EVERYONE is being profiled against, OMG it's so wrong. Again, that's some not all people.It's WRONG regardless of who it is!!!! Some may agree, some may not...Oh well!!! I agree with being aware of your surroundings. I was LE for 12 yrs, and I'm always looking around, sit facing door when out, etc...etc....There are good and bad in ALL walks of life. Some people stand out more than others by their behavior, what they wear, what they say, etc. It does not mean that everyone is bad or up to no good!!

Looking around, sitting facing the door etc, etc, those are profiling.

You are categorizing everyone you see. Everyone profiles, I don't care who you are. Even kids profile each other.

We can give it a bad name and of course declare it totally non Politically Correct but everybody does it.

Some of us are better at it than others.

Course is doesn't meant that when you profile a dirt bag you should shoot him in the face either, even though he may sorely deserve it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't believe that being aware of your surroundingsto be profiling. There are others here that have said they do the same thing. If I were sitting and saying yeah this person and that person coming in were up to no good then I'm guilty . if people think I'm profiling then so be it. I think some may agree that they would want to have a chance to defend themselves and family if someone walked with fireaRm in hand to do no good.