Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Racial Profiling

Anyone that thinks they are being "profiled" need to look at others of their own race and determine what you are doing different that makes you stand out from the crowd. If you don't want to be profiled, change your image. Do whatever you need to do to "fit in" with the people around you.

You just need to look into a mirror and ask yourself, it there something in the image that would make people profile me? If you can't figure it out, ask someone, "why do people profile me".

I don't think the image we present has anything to do with being profiled.
    When someone comes up my driveway an to the front door they are profiled. In a suit, shorts dragging the ground, don't really matter.
    The suit could be a lawyer after all.

I think perhaps profiling is not a good descriptive word because it's been associated with racism for so long.

I never gave a thought to people profiling me, just assumed everyone does it. If they cross the street when they see me coming, that's good with me, don't like people in my way anyhow, I got places to go ya know?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Profiling is not a bad thing, everyone does it in one form or another. However, some specific types of profiling (like racial) are a bad thing and sometimes illegal.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't think the image we present has anything to do with being profiled................... I never gave a thought to people profiling me, just assumed everyone does it. If they cross the street when they see me coming, that's good with me, don't like people in my way anyhow, I got places to go ya know?
    Bad ass looking dude in a wheel chair with a gun? I'd cross the street, too.
    NRA Benefactor

I don't believe in racial profiling. I don't trust anyone. I have to admit that I'm not quite as concerned when I'm around a convent full of Nuns, but some of my Catholic friend have told me that I should be.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Harely riders have been profiled for years and most are white as snow to. So fokking what, getover it. It takes the pressure off of Honder riders. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I don't believe in racial profiling. I don't trust anyone. I have to admit that I'm not quite as concerned when I'm around a convent full of Nuns, but some of my Catholic friend have told me that I should be.
    Your Catholic friends are right, you SHOULD be! Some of those nuns are "packing"! Look up their sleeves and you'll find 12" wooden rulers and when they let you have it on the back of your hand, it hurts! Don't ask me how I know.

Here's something I bet everybody knows: Even minorities profile minorities since most crimes are committed by minorities on minorities. Profiling is GOOD, it lessens the chances that you'll get hurt. If Michael Brown comes into your convenience store, look the other way or wind up in the hospital. That was one BIG dude!

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    Here's something I bet everybody knows: Even minorities profile minorities since most crimes are committed by minorities on minorities. Profiling is GOOD, it lessens the chances that you'll get hurt. If Michael Brown comes into your convenience store, look the other way or wind up in the hospital. That was one BIG dude!
    You are 100% correct.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up