Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

P or CW? I have both. I've been carrying the CW and taking the P to the range. Part of me likes the basic slide of the CW more than the P, but when it comes time to trade one in, it will probably be the CW. As spud says, don't try to use Fiocchi.

I bought the P380 only because the CW wasn't available at the time. I carry a CM9 as my primary and the P380 as a back-up. I don't see any real advantage in buying the P over the CW unless you can't live without the polygonal rifled barrel. The P has a bit more gun snob appeal, but that ain't why I carry a gun. The damn thing is concealed and I don't show it off much. Call me practical.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I use Fiocchi all of the time, with no problems.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I bought the P380 only because the CW wasn't available at the time. ...I don't see any real advantage in buying the P over the CW unless you can't live without the polygonal rifled barrel. The P has a bit more gun snob appeal, but that ain't why I carry a gun...
    Bought mine for the same reason, no cw's to be had at the time. Is the polygonal barrel a significant advantage? I'm sure both types of barrel are plenty accurate. Does it actually affect velocity? If not, then I can't see any real life advantage.
    Addendum - from a prior post the cw barrel is a hair longer than the p barrel. May compensate so that velocity is the same. Wonder if anyone has tested?
    Last edited by SlowBurn; 07-25-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Must have been a Gen1 LCP. The Gen2 has much improved trigger and sights. Fine little mouse gun. Love my Kahr CW40 but when it came to a mouse gun the LCP won. No regrets. $299 well spent.

I still have my LCP - been totin' it around for several years, but still have a CW380 on my short list.

GT in north Austin lists them for $309.95 plus Texas tax (8.25%):

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....er=KAHR-CW3833

They also list the new Stainless LCP for $10 more:

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....umber=RUG-3730
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

CW380 would be my suggestion.
    $300 is a lot of 380 acp ammo.
    You could by a second CW380 with the extra $, or get a CM9 to go alongside the CW380

Have carried my P380 for a couple of years now. I wanted the night sights and paid the premium to get them. No regrets, would do it again today. Could have picked up a pair of LCPs and a box of ammo for what I paid for the Kahr back then...

Agree with the Fiocchi folks, it is the one ammo my P380 has shown a real dislike for. My P380 eats Winchester White box and Federal without a hitch, so that's what I feed it at the range. It has NEVER failed to fire/function on Hornady CD 90grn HPs so that's what I carry for SD (and are in it right now, in my pocket).

My first Kahr was a CW40, still shoots the lights out. The CW380 was not even a pipe dream back when I picked up my P. I say your fine either way. For me though, I like have real, metal, night sights and (to me) they are worth what I paid for the gun.

Good luck on the search.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

I've had a P3AT, LCP and CW380. The P3AT and LCP are now a memory. That said, the new and improved S&W Bodyguard 380 with M&P on the slide and the Beretta Pico look interesting.

I use Fiocchi in 9mm, .40, and ,45 and never have any trouble. I do notice that the Fiocchi is a tad longer than my defensive ammo, so I am assuming that it's just a tad too long for the short Kahr .380.