CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bawanna finally gets to the range and summe vacation.

Thats a good question ltxi....When in doubt, Google it....Best answer seems to be that since the props on boat motors turn clockwise it causes the right side of the boat to rise due to engine torque so if you put a fat ars driver on that side of the boat it's more stable...

What I cant figure out is since we drive on the right side of the road wouldn't it make more sense to put the drivers side on the right so that if an oncoming car drifts over the center line and hits you head on the drivers would be further away from the impact....

I've often wondered why at least with the small boats they put the driver in the back and all passengers in front blocking his view?

The right side thing always had me curious too.

Far as cars go I think it keeps the driver responsible for his actions rather than a helpless passenger getting taken out in a head on.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Colonel Why On God's green earth didn't you shoot that lower right object? Is that not the Washington leader?
    Is it is a horses-a SS, No?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Congrats on your fishing trip. Did you actually catch any of those fish or did your wife catch em all ? You can tell me the truth, I promise not to tell anyone.
    I tried to go fishing myself but ran into a little problem.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Thats a good question ltxi....When in doubt, Google it....Best answer seems to be that since the props on boat motors turn clockwise it causes the right side of the boat to rise due to engine torque so if you put a fat ars driver on that side of the boat it's more stable...

What I cant figure out is since we drive on the right side of the road wouldn't it make more sense to put the drivers side on the right so that if an oncoming car drifts over the center line and hits you head on the drivers would be further away from the impact....
    I just figgered it was 'cause the Brits invented boats and there ain't no painted lane lines in the water so no one thought to give a rat's butt..

Wrt the second bit....driver is always closest to the road center/line no matter where one drives. I suppose it be so the driver cares more. I mean, if it's only the passenger who gets knocked off who gives a ****? Actually, firmly embedding that rule in my brain has been responsible for my unfortunate survival driving in the UK and Australia.
    NRA Benefactor