Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Carry Spare Mag

Quote Originally Posted by BEARDOG View Post
    b4uqzme, I made your double pocket carry mag holder . I am glad to hear you like it, and it is working well for you.
    I suspected as much and thank you. It's a great piece of leather and a work of art. Just know that you make a difference. I've been carrying the MK9 much more now that I can discretely carry 21 rounds.
    ​O|||||||O

Normally, I vastly prefer leather. However I had a couple of dozen round - not a mag - resting in a high-quality leather pouch for, I hate to say it, several years. The rounds came out covered with a green slime, to varying degrees. Of course, they shouldn't have stayed in there undisturbed that long, but they were just practice rounds. I think I'll go with Cordura for the extra mag for the extra breathing...

Experience in combat (I realize concealed carry is not necessarily combat) says I need badly to carry spare Mags for my MK9.

I'm in the hunt for something.

I carry a single K920G OWB in one of these, I don't like having a firearm AND a carrier IWB.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/848...ght-scorpion-l

It also holds my torch. Any printing looks like a phone/pda. I removed the paddle and am wearing it belt slide.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I suspected as much and thank you. It's a great piece of leather and a work of art. Just know that you make a difference. I've been carrying the MK9 much more now that I can discretely carry 21 rounds.
    Thank you very much b4uqzme. I love to hear that what I make is getting used, and working well for people.

Should get it today Beardog and thanks for the info on using it. Get well so we can order more.

Get well? Beardog ailing? Why am I always the last to know.

Beardog, status report asap!!!! Please?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a Blackhawk hard plastic clip on carrier for a one single stack mag, that works great for .40 or .45 mags. It says it's for 9mm or .40, but I probably compressed the spring carrying .45 mags in it, so it doesn't retain 9mm very well anymore. A neighbor gave it to me, since he didn't have any pistols that took a single stack mag. 9mm still fit, but fall out when you turn the mag holder upside down. I seldom carry more than one spare mag, so it works well for me.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by slickhs View Post
    Should get it today Beardog and thanks for the info on using it. Get well so we can order more.
    No problem at all slickhs, any other questions just ask....I will Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Get well? Beardog ailing? Why am I always the last to know.

Beardog, status report asap!!!! Please?
    Thanks for the concern Col.B...I think I'll make it LOL...I have been having carpal tunnel like symptoms??? Or maybe a pinched nerve in my neck or arm??? It's in my left hand and doesn't seem to want to go away. Numbness in index and middle fingers, feels like they are asleep. and also pain in my thumb when I use it. Not sure what it is??? I've been trying to not use it too much and wearing a wrist brace at night the past week. Hoping some rest will fix it before I got to go to a Dr. I don't do/like going Dr's much....

So like I told slickhs, doing any new leather work is going to have to wait till my hand heals up a bit, hand stitching leather is kinda rough on your hands even when they feel normal.

Beardog, I just received my mag holder. Like so many before me have said, "You truly are a leather artist". Thanks so much for the fast shipping and excellent work.

I mis-typed when I first wrote this and it said hag holder instead of mag holder. I am sure glad i caught it. LOL