Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace

Thread: k40

Default k40

I was looking at lgs and found a lightly used k40 for sale at the low price of 449. It looks gently used so hopefully its a good deal, i put it in layaway so i have time to think it over. I have had a p45 and now own a cw9 and must say i love kahr firearms.

You won't be disappointed. Stainless Kahrs rule. Do you have any other 40sw guns? Recoil can feel a little snappy at first but the K40 makes it easy to get used to it. If it feels excessively harsh, install a new recoil spring and that should tone it down some.

FYI - you really can't tell if a stainless Kahr is "gently used". With proper cleaning and care they will look brand new forever...no matter how many rounds you put through it.

My K40 is a favorite shooter. You'll probably agree. Don't change your mind. Go get it and enjoy! That's a good price BTW.
    ​O|||||||O

Yeah! Great price.
    You also might try a Wolf Extra power recoil spring (I believe 22#) if you find recoil a bit harsh.

I used to have a 40 but sold it. I was trying to reduce the number of different calibers i have but can see thats not going too happen. At the moment i have 9,45,357 and .380.

Quote Originally Posted by FLBri View Post
    Yeah! Great price.
    You also might try a Wolf Extra power recoil spring (I believe 22#) if you find recoil a bit harsh.
    +1 for the Wolff 22lbs. spring. I found the K40 to be so perfect for my needs, I own 2 of them. The all steel Kahr's are simply fantastic firearms.
    I only wish that Kahr would consider a .45 caliber in the steel line.

Some say they are too heavy for CC, but I find mine to be easy and comfortable. Because they are not loaded down with controls (just a flat slide release) I carry mine cross draw or at the 9 o'clock position just by itself.
    USN ~ Retired

I have been lobbying for an MK45 for three years, ever since I bought my MK40. I am quite fond of the MK40, but much prefer the 45 ACP round. I don't think anyone is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    I have been lobbying for an MK45 for three years, ever since I bought my MK40. I am quite fond of the MK40, but much prefer the 45 ACP round. I don't think anyone is listening.
    I hear ya O'Dell. Trouble is no one is listening to me either.
    ​O|||||||O

Make Mine a K or a T .... but a steel 45 would be just awesome.!

A k or t .45 would be amazeballs. I doubt they would sell many of them because they would probably cost close to 1k

If I could find another K40 for that price I'd snatch it up in a heart beat! Do not hesitate and get it.