Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: Range Report - CW380 and P9

Thumbs up Range Report - CW380 and P9

Both pistols purchased brand new this past week. The CW 380 is my first "Economy" model from the Kahr line. I purchased it over the P380 based upon my sons experience with his CM9 and the fact that it was half the price.

CW380
    100 rounds 95 gr WWB - 3 stovepipe ejections
    50 rounds 95 gr Remington UMC - 5 stovepipe ejections, 1 premature slide lock
    50 rounds 95 gr Aguila - 2 stovepipe ejections

All of the stovepipe ejections were mine, except one that occurred with my son. Not really concerned about them as they're most likely caused by me getting used to the grip of this very small frame. I believe the one premature slide lock was a fluke. I'm left handed, so there's no way it was caused by the dreaded wild thumb. It occurred very early in the session, and coincidentally with the ammunition that had the most stovepipe ejections.

P9
    50 rounds 115 gr American Eagle - 1 light strike on 3rd round in first magazine fired. Round fired successfully on second strike.
    50 rounds 115 gr Blazer Brass - 0 malfunctions

Half a box of each brand fired by both me and my son. The light strike was mine. Somewhere between rounds 90 and 95 while my son was firing, I noticed the rear sight had "walked" about halfway out of the sight channel from left to right. It fell out of the sight channel with no effort when pushed lightly. I'll be contacting Kahr Customer Service tomorrow.

All in all, a pretty successful range session in my opinion. Very pleased with the performance and function of both pistols.

Contacted Kahr this morning. Eoin sent me a FedEx pre-paid overnight shipping label for the P9 slide to be returned. Since it's just the slide being returned, I guess it can be shipped back directly to me instead of going through an FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by mser View Post
    Contacted Kahr this morning. Eoin sent me a FedEx pre-paid overnight shipping label for the P9 slide to be returned. Since it's just the slide being returned, I guess it can be shipped back directly to me instead of going through an FFL.
    Yes. They can also return your fixed gun directly back to you. (I think as long as it has the same serial #)

50 rounds of Aguila on Saturday with one stovepipe ejection. 50 more today along with 25 rounds of Hornady CD. Everything ran perfectly. Round count is now 325. I really like this little pistol.

Looking forward to the return of the P9 slide so I can finish up the break-in.

Nice! Now you should get you a laser for your P9 -- CTC has a trigger guard model that just slips right on with two screws... so you can go ahead and put it on while you're waiting for your slide to come back.