Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single mom empties magazine at suspect trying to steal her car.

Default Single mom empties magazine at suspect trying to steal her car.

This just in:

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defens...teal-her-jeep/

I don't know if I could shoot my own vehicle.....
    Kahr P380 (part owner)
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr PM45
    Kahr MK9 Elite 03
    Springfield XDs .45 3.3
    Springfield XDm .40 Compact 3.8
    Springfield XDm 9mm 3.8

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    .....Benjamin Franklin

Guns save lives ... not Jeeps.
    ​O|||||||O

She did what she thought was necessary. She & her family came out fine.

Not sure she was legal in GA for the young woman to be opening up on the crook from a balcony. In Texas, at night, yeah fine, but other state laws may vary.
    The article states..."As far as can be told, all rounds fired hit the vehicle with the majority going into the driver side of the cabin. Blood was found in the car, but it’s unclear if the suspect was hit by the rounds..."
    I guess the question we are left with is this; How fast can a creepy turd run with his shorts full of creepy turd, truds. Burglary and auto theft can be such stressful work....
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

If she hit him good enough to draw a bunch of blood, any ER he turns himself into is legally obliged to report the incident. I suspect he'll be tracked down that way. He was an idiot, IMO, to return to the scene of the earlier burglary to attempt to steal the car. But thieves aren't usually in the upper 10% of intelligence to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Guns save lives ... not Jeeps.
    Agreed.

I hope she is in a jurisdiction with a 2A-friendly prosecutor. In many places, she'd be in trouble. Lethal force can only be used in lethal situations: to protect life or imminent injury, etc. If a suspect is fleeing, property crime, etc. you can't shoot.

Maybe in rural Georgia the rules are different, but in other places - not so much. Certainly not where I live, and many other places as well.

I wish her well though.
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

She was foolish and very lucky. The thief could have been armed and returned fire. She has car insurance. She also has kids to think about.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by aray View Post
    Agreed.

I hope she is in a jurisdiction with a 2A-friendly prosecutor. In many places, she'd be in trouble. Lethal force can only be used in lethal situations: to protect life or imminent injury, etc. If a suspect is fleeing, property crime, etc. you can't shoot.

Maybe in rural Georgia the rules are different, but in other places - not so much. Certainly not where I live, and many other places as well.

I wish her well though.
    Lethal force cannot be used to protect real property unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.(16-3-24)

forcible felony (paraphrased) is the commission of a felony in which one reasonably believes one might suffer great bodily harm. I would not think this situation qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    Lethal force cannot be used to protect real property unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.(16-3-24)

forcible felony (paraphrased) is the commission of a felony in which one reasonably believes one might suffer great bodily harm. I would not think this situation qualifies.
    In that statute, you need to read "real estate" for "real property." IOW, the dirt you own. (And it's usually your residence - not the north 40.) A vehicle is not "real" property. It's legally "personal property." I know of no location where it's permissible to protect your personal property with lethal force...

^^^ that's my point too. I'm happy that she is safe and she certainly displays a goodly set of ba!!s. BUT she puts herself in harms way over something that is replaceable AND she's not really doing the pro-gun argument much good. I can celebrate her spunk and I'm glad she is safe but I cannot endorse or celebrate her behavior.

I'm not real impressed by the "gunssavelives" people either in this case. This example invalidates their count of successful defenses.
    ​O|||||||O