Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Single mom empties magazine at suspect trying to steal her car.

Considering she had the keys stolen in an earlier burglary a case could be made for entrapment/enticement. If she had 2 or more living brain cells getting the locks re-keyed is and not costly.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Profile hat on: she is a single mom trying to make it. Too old to get her stripping job back where she met the man that fathered her child(ren). Her children's dad traded her in for a newer model over a year ago and is sketchy with support payments. Instead, he feels that her living in the house is enough support. She was just robbed and has no insurance and no money to replace the things that were stolen and now some guy is trying to take her only mode of transportation so she can get to her part time job until she can find a 50+ yo divorced man that thinks she is hawght enough to marry her. She was at the end of her rope and lashed out.
    You have a vivid imagination, Knkali. Probably close to the truth.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got a friend who just got a jeep and his daughter got one of them 4 door deals where you can take the whole roof off. Been trying to figure out how I could make one work, I'd love 4 wheel drive.
    Mostly I heard stuff only happens in a jeep, not sure what they are talking about but it sounds like something good so figure I'll get one and find out what it is.
    You too have a vivid imagination, Bawanna. Good luck.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Considering she had the keys stolen in an earlier burglary a case could be made for entrapment/enticement. If she had 2 or more living brain cells getting the locks re-keyed is and not costly.
    If knkali is anywhere close, everything is costly to a single mother. That, and re-keying the Jeep would probably not be cheap, even to you or me.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    If knkali is anywhere close, everything is costly to a single mother. That, and re-keying the Jeep would probably not be cheap, even to you or me.
    Yep. ...helps me understand her actions. But I still cannot endorse them. She put herself in harms way. Her kids had one foot in the orphanage.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    No, not really. The elements of entrapment are much more strict than that. First, you must prove that the subject would not have been likely to perform the crime, except for the enticement. That's already out the window, since he'd previously broken in, so just forget entrapment. It's a defense which almost never works, anyway. One thing which bothers me about it is that I doubt her insurance company will even cover her self-inflicted damage to the vehicle. The only possible coverage would be collision, which will cover your own damage, if it's owing to negligence. Filling your own vehicle with holes doesn't speak to negligence - it was intentional, so I think she would be denied coverage. All in all, pretty stupid. She obviously wanted his ass and she'll have to pay for it...

Hope she gets away with it!
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Under those circumstances, she probably will...

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Guns save lives ... not Jeeps.
    +1. Nuf said

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post

I don't. At best she is an example for what NOT TO DO . At worst she is fuel for the antis. Folks need to wake up to what is legal and not just what is popular.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up