Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carson City, NV doesn't want gun owner's business

Default Carson City, NV doesn't want gun owner's business

Hey fellas,

My Wife sent me a photo of the new sign posted at Costco in Carson City. "No Firearms Allowed on Premises"

I called the Carson City Costco administration 775-881-2503 (Press 1 for administration) and I spoke with Gayle. Gayle told me that Costco DOES want our business, and doesn't mind our guns, they just prefer the guns not be displayed openly, as Costo has received complaints from parents, and people were feeling uncomfortable to the sight of openly carried guns.

I advised Gayle that the sign says "NO FIREARMS", not "No Openly Displayed Firearms", that she is sending me a mixed message by now telling me MY guns are okay. Furthermore, I told her, for me to comply with their signage, it makes me feel uncomfortable as it makes me and my family feel unsafe in their store. I requested a call from her Boss to discuss this policy and the future relationship of my membership, and the business memberships of my family.

I suggest that the complaints go both ways. I am asking everyone on this forum to place a friendly call to the Carson City Costco, speak with the administration, and remind them that our dollars are easily spent where our business is wanted.

Well, I gotta say with Gayle's explanation I understand Costco's problem and choice here. Chalk another one up for the open carry for no other reason than to make a rude statement nuts making all our lives harder. Unless the sign carries force of law it makes no difference anyway.
    NRA Benefactor

I have seen the simple solution to Costco's dilemna at a local restaurant (IHOP, I believe).
    The sign posted says: No Open Carry of Firearms.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

Yep, another loss for us all because of the open carry show-offs, err I mean defenders of our freedoms.

Chipotle, Starbucks, Target, Jack in the Box, and now Costco have all now made things harder on us because of these stunts. The entire state of California changed its open carry laws after countless run-ins with police, all uploaded to YouTube.

There's a time, place, and manner for everything. And a bit of courtesy might be in order as well. Imagine that.

This guy sums up my feelings pretty well:

I know I'm going to get flamed for this posting but really, these people aren't advancing our cause.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ray

NRA Endowment Life Member
    SAF Life Member

I actually think that most of the "open carry crowd" are anti gun folks trying to tweak the public into calling their elected officials into oppose all guns.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by aray View Post
    Yep, another loss for us all because of the open carry show-offs, err I mean defenders of our freedoms.

Chipotle, Starbucks, Target, Jack in the Box, and now Costco have all now made things harder on us because of these stunts. The entire state of California changed its open carry laws after countless run-ins with police, all uploaded to YouTube.

There's a time, place, and manner for everything. And a bit of courtesy might be in order as well. Imagine that.

This guy sums up my feelings pretty well:

I know I'm going to get flamed for this posting but really, these people aren't advancing our cause

Certainly not by me.....
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I actually think that most of the "open carry crowd" are anti gun folks trying to tweak the public into calling their elected officials into oppose all guns.
    Nah, they're just ass hole freaks.
    NRA Benefactor

I don't believe for a moment that the Costco sign means only open carry prohibited. Co-founder, recently ex-CEO and still major shareholder had his buddy Obama to his house in Seattle area last week for a high flyer fundraiser. Screwed up Seattle traffic worse than usual. When the big boss is that politically active, the folks he promotes think like him and on down the chain.

I open carry on my land, and on ranches and farms, mostly for dispatching snake and varmints, but I'd much rather CC in public places where I prefer no one know that I am armed.
    And I don't enjoy being hassled by police, while some folks seem to find some kind of enjoyment in being hassled by the cops, and giving them a hard time by refusing to show ID, and refusing to answer any questions, and all that, so they can run home and upload the video to Youtube. I don't see the point in all that. I do like open carry laws just for the fact that if your gun does slip out from under cover, then it's not a crime.
    I really don't see why it upsets people so much to see someone open carrying. He certainly is not a criminal, or he would not be open carrying. I guess the government and media have done a good job of brainwashing the soccer moms into being frightened at the mere sight of a firearm.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I open carry on my land also, but cc in public places. And I believe that most of those who do carry also prefer to cc in public, even though open carry is legal in their area.
    IMHO, I also believe that in doing so we are not doing ourselves any favors. If everyone who voted to allow open carry and/or supports open carry (for whatever reason) would also open carry on a regular basis, then maybe people would become accustomed to it and would not be so upset to see someone open carrying. And maybe then, the idiots won't feel the need to make a spectacle of themselves in a restaurants and stores by displaying their weapons, because there will be nothing special about doing so. However, when you live in a state where open carry is legal, as I do, and never see anyone open carry, it is not surprising that concerns are raised when that one person does show up with a gun on his hip.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.