Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: The Single Tip Which Helps my Kahr CM9 Run Smoothly

Default The Single Tip Which Helps my Kahr CM9 Run Smoothly

I had posted this on another gun forum but I thought this might do some good here as well.

I love CM9. I do. I did a lot of research before buying this gun. I'd also read of the problems that some owners have experienced. Therefore I wanted to follow the advice of the manufacturer and previous owners. Kahr recommends that you rack the slide 200 times for a break in period. however, I did notice that during this time the cap of my guide rod would like usually catch on the lip of the opening in the slide. I did some research and it looked like MAC had written about on https://www.thebangswitch.com/flaw-in-the-kahr-cm9/

After doing some research I came across this video which I found to be the single greatest tip to having my pistol run smoothly:

Basically, it just shows that in order to prevent this you should. Be tip of the recoil spring down towards the barrel installing the guide rod.

I don't know if everyone else know this tip but it's free and easy so I hope this helps other Kahr owners.

Kahr recommends that you rack the slide 200 times for a break in period.
    I think Kahr recommends you actually shoot the gun 200 times. Racking the slide isn't the same thing.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

No thinkin about it. They do and its not!

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I think Kahr recommends you actually shoot the gun 200 times. Racking the slide isn't the same thing.
    Actually I wasn't talking about that recommendation of shooting the gun 200 times before considering it reliable. I understand it is in the manual. I started this thread because I thought that the tip regarding pointing the end of the recoil spring towards the barrel was not that widely known as other tips and recommendations are. For example there are several threads on breaking in a Kahr but none mention the position of the recoil spring. It can prevent the problem written about in The Bang Switch article (check out link in first post)

Its a good tip, it's come up here before and I always adhere to it.

I know there's a few threads here where it's mentioned but it never hurts to mention it again for folks who may have missed it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I saw it when I first got my CM9. Have always done it and never had a problem of any kind. Glad to see it again as it has been a long time and a lot of folks probably haven't.

I read that about the spring somewhere, here im sure. Makes it easier to get back together when its new too. Good post.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks!

I love those old silent movies.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I love those old silent movies.
    Are they supposed to be in color?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    (this space intentionally left blank)