Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CM40 Trigger Failing To Reset

Default CM40 Trigger Failing To Reset

Hello everyone,

I went to the range on Saturday with my Sig 229, and as I usually do with every range trip, I save the last 20 rounds or so of 40 and put them through my Kahr just to make sure everything is running right. Well, this time it wasn't. Every 3-4 rounds, the trigger would not reset. I would have to push the trigger forward just a tiny bit, hear it click, then it would be fine again. Weird thing is, it only happens when you fire the gun. If I rack the slide on empty, the trigger would reset every time.

I took it home, field stripped and cleaned it. Took it back out to the range with a couple different types of ammo. Same thing.

Called Kahr on Monday afternoon and got a RA number and prepaid Fedex label emailed to me. Anyone else experience this? Also, I forgot to ask them but do they send the gun back to your home or do they send it to a FFL holder?

They will send it back to ur home butan adult must sign for it

Kahr will make it right.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Thanks for the reply jocko. Gun made it back to them according to the tracking info, now I just wait...

UPDATE - Well, I got my CM40 back this past Friday. Paperwork says they replaced the trigger bar and cocking cam, test fired in good working order. Took it to the range Saturday morning and man, was I disappointed. Load 5 rounds into the magazine, fire, then the slide locks back. Chamber the next round, fire, slide locks back. Fires the last three rounds just fine...repeated this about 5 or 6 times making sure my hand was not on the slide stop lever while firing.

After further inspection, the slide stop lever was hanging up the rounds from getting to the feed ramp and into the chamber. I'm assuming it was happening on only the first two rounds because of spring pressure. A buddy of mine looked at it and filed down the part of the slide stop lever in order for the rounds to clear. Back to the range just for a quick test and it functioned fine. Still need to go back and spend more time with it.

I'm assuming they put a new slide stop lever in while they had my gun, because it was never an issue before. The trigger reset issue seems to be solved but I still need to put more problem free rounds down range before I'm completely convinced. I'm still going to call them Tuesday to make them aware of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    They will send it back to ur home butan adult must sign for it
    Which adult signs for you when they send one back to your house, Jocko? If Kahr replaces the frame it has to go back through an FFL since it is considered a new gun by the Feds. If not it goes directly back to your home.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I told my neighbor to expect a gun being returned be Fedx & she signed for it. My experience here in Michigan might not be the same as yours in your state.