Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A Curious Mind Wants to Know

Try to stay on track Itxi. We're talking electronics here, we'll talk apples and oranges in a separate thread.

Any you think I'll be like Jocko.......?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    there's 92 little towns, villages, burgs around the city limits of St. Louis. almost all of them have some sort of police dept. maybe 2 cops, maybe 50, depends on the size of the place. if a municipality has a few feet of frontage on a highway they will put a car out there and sell tickets. is that protecting anybody, stopping accidents, or is it highway robbery? drive on I-70 past the airport, on any given day you can count as many as 5 different local police depts. and the Mo. highway patrol. everybody knows this so the customers are mostly out of towners, doing 60-70 in a 55. the speed limit on most highways in the metro area is 60. if your doing 60 stay in the right lane or get run over, most people do 70 or so. now 80 should get a ticket, 90 would be taserable. I'm an old time motorcycle rider and I don't drive speed limits, I drive the road, weather and traffic. getting a ticket every 30 yrs. proves your still alive?
    Given I'm not a native...been driving in and around St Louis routinely for over 20 years. A couple of times a year passing through on vacation with Colorado plates and on business in rentals. I tend to flow with traffic and mostly run nine to 10 over in the 55 and 60 zones with no worries about getting trampled. Never had a problem. That said, I'll be through there again next month and will now probably get get cited.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    You have a hard enough time with Window products/PCs. Do not get involved with Apple products. If you do, you'll end up like jocko....and start to spell like him, also.
    He's right Colonel. Stay FAR away from apples products. They are strange beast, reliable but strange.

Wife has a mac and for the life of me if I make a file I cant find it anywhere if its not on the desktop. And dont try to burn a picture CD.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

You guys just love talking way over my head don't ya? You'd think I was dumber than a box of rocks or something.

Even I know you can't burn pictures in your computer, their like little cyber dot thingamajiggy's and I don't think they burn very good.

I make files and can't find em all the time too, got nothing to do with Mac trucks neither.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Blow out fracture. I have seen a few of them in my professional life. All of the ones I have seen have been from full grown cows or bulls. 1000-2000 pound animals. At that point most are seeing double.

I'd assume anybody hitting that hard is out to take you out.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV (as told to high school students.)

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Given I'm not a native...been driving in and around St Louis routinely for over 20 years. A couple of times a year passing through on vacation with Colorado plates and on business in rentals. I tend to flow with traffic and mostly run nine to 10 over in the 55 and 60 zones with no worries about getting trampled. Never had a problem. That said, I'll be through there again next month and will now probably get get cited.
    My family lived at Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis 1954-57 - before the city lost half its population to white flight to the 'burbs. Even back then we knew not to hang around in East St. Louis (Ill.) after dark.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Ahh...East St Louis. Used to go down there and hang out in the dive bars sometimes when I was in my early 20's and dumber than box of rocks Bawanna.
    NRA Benefactor

Hey I was there during that time. Age zero to 3. Stayed 3 more years and got drug west fighting injuns, sage brush, and flash floods. Rode the whole window on the back window shelve of a 57 Chevy. I'm damn lucky to be alive.
    No seat belts, probably licking lead paint off the window trim.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Rode the whole window on the back window shelve of a 57 Chevy. I'm damn lucky to be alive.
    I did that too. Life was great. When I was lucky enough to ride in the front I would sit on the door arm rest so I could see out the front window too. Passenger window was rolled down too. I remember back then we had a 1964 chevelle I think it was and mom would remove the keys from the ignition while driving down the road to let my little sister play with to keep her quiet while she was in one of those car seats that hung on the middle of the front seat. She'd get the keys back when it was time to turn off the car.

This is exactly what the car looked like. Wish I had it now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'll start painting up some signs. We'll stage a protest and some riots and stuff.

I'm getting that big screen TV for Armybrat one way or another.

I'm still researching the IPad/Maxi Pad thing and I don't mind telling you I feel a little stooopid. I think my wife and kid even have one. I probably even paid for it?
    Here's your chance! You can blow up the rally into a riot then head off to fill your shopping list. Gotta wait until dark though cause that seems to be the rule.
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/darren-wi...darren-wilson/
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.