Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: good excuse

Default good excuse

if you need an "excuse" for another gun purchase read this article. never fall in love or name a carry gun, it's just a tool.
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/backlog-...050122407.html
    "A number of police agencies will seize weapons and send them here for testing, even if the person was arrested on a simple traffic stop."
    if a person with a CCW permit and concealed gun was pulled over for a "simple traffic stop" why would the subject of guns even come up?

They do it because they can get away with it. Nobody is willing to stand up in a meaningful way.

This sounds unconstitutional. They are seizing private property without a proper warrant and location of the object to be seized. Just because the officer here feels that in some cases it helps law enforcement find illegal or criminals weapons doesn't justify trampling the rights of the many toward that end. This overreach must stop....this end justifies the means crap is intolerable and tyrannical in nature. This is why many police agencies also are beginning to look like the military. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty & the people have a right to be secure in their person and property clause in one of the amendments in the Constitution.
    Sorry guys and gals, I am a strong supporter of law enforcement but I find this to be unacceptable and intolerable.

Here any gun involved in a shooting be if officers or civillian, will be held for a minimum of a year. Even a good justifiable shooting.

I've argued about this on more than one occasion. We had two MP5's and several handguns but duty and personal backup guns taken by the investigating agency of a shooting. They told me to write off the MP5's we'd never see them again. I stayed squeaky wheel since they wouldn't let me buy new ones. Took a couple years but I got a couple rusty neglected MP5's back.
    They even take guns that weren't fired if the officer fired another gun. Took everything.

That's why some guys don't want to carry their favorite whatever gun, if you use it you might not see it again for a long time.

Not right to me. Take pictures, do a ballistic test if necessary and give it back.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

New Law--- any legal gun confiscated from a CCW permit carrying, responsible owner shall be immediately replaced by a "loaner gun" of similar caliber and operation by the confiscating agency. if they take my CW9 or CW45, I'd take an Ed Brown loaner to carry for the duration, I could even make due with some old rusty Glock.