Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: BDE II 9MM Trigger?

Default BDE II 9MM Trigger?

Hi all, new to the forum. I've had my BDE II Steel Frame Sub-Compact 9MM for about 2 months and been through about 500 rounds. Freakin amazing handgun, only problem I've experienced is the trigger spring cup cracked and dropped two pieces. Is that a known weak point? I saw the other post with the completely broken off cup, anyway got a new one coming and will replace it.

What modifications have you guys and girls done to you BDE's? I don't really mind the DA trigger (as some people say that's the one (-)) love the SA trigger, but would like to know if there is any mod to shorten the reset? To date I've bought a IWI locking holster and 2-Mag belt pouch direct from IWI. I also just added a hogue wrap around grip set and added a thin strip of grip tape on the indented left side of the slide that really helps in racking the slide. Also thinking about picking up a few extra mag's, I have a brother that has purchased from csnnsports.com and says they're mags are quality, though he's buying M&P mags not BDE's. Anyone?

Anyway look forward to hearing from fellow BDE owners.

Old Paint.

I've never had any problems, but I own the compact (short-slide) version, and it probably experiences less stress because of the extra weight.
    I like the long, hard first DA trigger pull as a safety feature, so I've never considered any modification.
    I expect I will eventually buy some more magazines, but haven't gotten to it yet.
    Hope your new parts arrive quickly and fix the problem.

Welcome to the forum Old Paint! Sorry for the delay, been off the forum for a while. The breakage you experienced is new to me. As for mods have also not heard of any. Where did you get the wrap around grip? I thought they only made them for the full size.