Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW45 broken trigger mechanism: Why no free return shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    My 6 week old CW380 has intermittent return to battery failures. I asked for a prepaid label and Kahr sent it promptly.
    You must have called on the lucky prepaid label day
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45

Quote Originally Posted by 2tango2 View Post
    I know it's a different company but,when dealing with my many Taurus issues I would keep calling CS until I got the answer I wanted.
    Sometimes it was the first call,most times it was the second or third or even fifth time.

Smith, Sig, SA, Ruger....not so much as peep of "maybe" we will send a label.....they almost were over the top apologetic and embarrassed
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45

I spoke with Gino. Evidently he's one of the gunsmiths but he answered the phone twice when I called. He even called me back to make sure I got the label.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Smith, Sig, SA, Ruger....not so much as peep of "maybe" we will send a label.....they almost were over the top apologetic and embarrassed
    That's not always the case with Ruger as I had to have my local shop ship a Bearcat back when they wouldn't issue a return label.
    S&W charges return shipping if they determine it's not a warranty issue. As far as their lifetime guarantee goes, I had a Model 36 that they said the couldn't repair (warranty issue), their solution was to offer me a discount on a new Model 36.
    Still, S&W and Ruger are pretty good. SA CS is top shelf. The same can be said for USFA, RIA, and DB (at least in my experience dealing with them).
    I do wish Kahr was more consistent with their return label policy. At the very least, they might offer the customer a label at their cost or send a label then, if it's not a warranty issue, recoup the cost. I'd also like to see them automate the process: customer fills out an online form, CS reviews it, then contacts the customer (email or phone) with disposition instructions.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

OK, we have to figure out who to talk to, to get the pre-paid mailer label. if your dealing with Kahr service, please get a name. we can post the name(s) of the good guys to do business with. I got a new CW45 frame, is my trigger bar going to break?

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    That's not always the case with Ruger as I had to have my local shop ship a Bearcat back when they wouldn't issue a return label.
    S&W charges return shipping if they determine it's not a warranty issue. As far as their lifetime guarantee goes, I had a Model 36 that they said the couldn't repair (warranty issue), their solution was to offer me a discount on a new Model 36.
    Still, S&W and Ruger are pretty good. SA CS is top shelf. The same can be said for USFA, RIA, and DB (at least in my experience dealing with them).
    I do wish Kahr was more consistent with their return label policy. At the very least, they might offer the customer a label at their cost or send a label then, if it's not a warranty issue, recoup the cost. I'd also like to see them automate the process: customer fills out an online form, CS reviews it, then contacts the customer (email or phone) with disposition instructions.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Gregs got the process down. Someone give that man a job.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I've dealt with Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Colt, SigArms, Browning, Kahr and Remington on warranty issues.

#1 Best of the best - Ruger. I wont list all the gory details, but they cover their stuff, not always with prepaid label but they cover their stuff.

S & W blows. Colt blows worse. Sig was sort of hot and cold. Kahr covered me well, but I only dealt with them one time. It was perfect though. The others were multiple occasions.... so I feel like I can offer a better perspective on those. Remington was good to me too, one occasion. I needed a part under warranty - they sent it free, and I asked for another part as a spare, they sent that free too .."just because".

Here's the thing. There is policy, there is procedure, and there is personality when dealing with companies. We can only hope to change personality - the other two are set in stone. Pays to be nice to folks, not waste their time and to be honest and to meet them half way when there is some doubt. That goes for arms, cars, appliances.... you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    just for grins I went over to Glocktalk.com and asked about warranty and service. after they all got done laughing, they politely explained it's lifetime, all the time and no bs. guess the folks at Glock belive that "perfection" thing. geez, you even hear good things about Hi-Point service.
    yes we do.... in fact I've owned Glocks for years and years now and none have ever needed service and have thousands of rounds down range, I don't even count how many to be honest.... they just work

Ruger has been tops in my book. Recently returned a SR1911 Commander due to play in the lock up. They were outstanding in taking care of it. Shipping both ways and new barrel and grip safety all within 7 days door to door
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45