Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kahr Review: After 800 Rounds Is the CM9 Reliable Enough to Carry?

then u have two unreliable guns--huh???
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Update to Open Slide Issue

After tightening the slide spring screw, I went to the range yesterday and ran 200 rounds thru the gun and my confidence level has improved a little. I had zero malfunctions related to the slide staying open. Previously, I was getting one defect in about 150 rounds. Hopefully, it will continue to maintain this good behavior. Also, got an email reply from Kahr this morning letting me know I can send the gun back to be worked on. Haven't made my mind up if I should send it back or keep it and run another couple hundred rounds through it myself. I've probably spent more on ammo breaking this in than the gun cost me in the first place so it would probably be cheaper and more re-assuring to send it back. The barrel lug is also getting quite rough on the edge and probably deserves a look see.

Shooting the Kahr yesterday I had one issue I've not encountered before (after about 100 rounds fired) - I put a full mag in and when I pulled the trigger on the second round -- no bang. I thought, darn, I haven't had a bad primer in years. I racked the slide back and to my surprise the chamber was empty and the magazine still had 6 rounds in it. My first guess was maybe I limp wrist-ed that one and it had enough force to eject the round but not enough to chamber another one -- any ideas on what causes this type of failure to feed ?

Appreciate all the recommendations everyone has provided - Thank you.

That's why I also carry a knife. Just in case.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Rhead Louis View Post
    My first guess was maybe I limp wrist-ed that one and it had enough force to eject the round but not enough to chamber another one -- any ideas on what causes this type of failure to feed ?

Appreciate all the recommendations everyone has provided - Thank you.
    normally if you limp wrist it will fail to eject, but who knows.. My first guess its mag related, when I load a mag I always try to remember to tap it either on my hand or on the bench lightly with boooolits facing up....

I'm on the same train, I think a gun should run out of the box, I always clean/lube a gun when I first get it whether new or used, just to make sure its to my liking....

I bought an Ruger SR22 about 6 weeks ago, haven't had a problem with it yet other then one light strike (notorious rimfire) after 1k rounds thus far, my Mark II has God only knows how many rounds and I've never had an issue.. these are rimfire pistols, a center fire pistol 'should' function with little to no attention..... justmytwocents