Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Review: After 800 Rounds Is the CM9 Reliable Enough to Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ...and you'll no doubt continue to believe that Glock has no problems either. :-)
    I don't understand what you're talking about .... : )

I am not sure what all you have tried so far but...

The premature slide locking problem maybe from the bullets coming up and past, and slightly hitting the tip/edge of the of the slide lock lever.

You can check this by taking your slide off, Then re-install the slide lock lever into the frame, then slowly insert a full mag to see if you have bullet contact as it goes past.

The fix.
    Increase spring pressure like Greg said may work.
    Or
    If you have a dremmel try to polish the tip area.
    If not call Kahr and explain to them what it is doing and they most likely will send you a new polished slide stop to try.

There are literally thousands of Kahr pistols in service that don't have this issue. There are many that have had the problem cured. Some were cured of the problem by their owners and some by Kahr Arms service department. I agree with the others who commented. If your gunsmith can't cure this simple problem find another gunsmith, or send the gun back to Kahr. You don't have to look any further than Kahr to find the finest pocket 9MM made.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

T-6 for slide lock spring screw; T-5 for the door over the trigger bar
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

GB is right about the too tight on the little spring thing. but please remember, u are screwing this little ass ascress directly into POlymer, so u can over tighten it and strip the threads right out. SNUG is good. The thig to do is": take the sldie off the gun, now reinsert the slide lock lever, slowly push up on that lever, u should feel that little spring wanting to bring this lever downward. If that lever moves before engaging that little spring then, IMO that sprig is outta whack and migtht need rtweeked. A pair of long nose plier and u can tweet that spring tip downward, NOT UPWARD. Make sure that spring screew is snug but not preventing that little spring from moving upward and downaward freeely. I know this sounds complicated bt it is not. It is easy to check out, alot of times this little springhy gets bent inward by the owner upon insertion of the slide stop lever and they just don't know it. If u look at that slide stop lever on the inside of that lever u will see a nub, thatis what engages the magazine follower but look behind that nub and u will see a slight small groover. THATIS WHERE THAT SPRING TIP MUST LIE upon proper insertion. I always put a dab of grease on that ub, asit helps to slide over that spring tip better, and I also put very little grease on that little springhy to, It just helps inserting the slide lock lever easier. Just a tad will do the job.

It is a T6 screw that adjusts that springhy and I do stand corrected on this to, but I think it takes a T6 torx on that side plate also. I think the T5 relates to the 380 series. These guys here are sharp, so ask questions. BeforeI do anything, I would let a good shhooter test this gun to. U need not put 6 round sin the mag to test for last round staying open or premature slide lock.l Load 3 and keep doing it. If u can prduce an issue than anyone else should be able to. but if they cannot, then maybe u need to analyze what possably u could be doing wrong. I haver found that what smitty's I have talkedto around this area, know very little about kahrs and how they work. I would trust the guys o this forum first, and then if all else fails Kahr will fix it as Muggsy stated. I just do not feel this gun needs to gop back though.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Wait is somebody complaining about that springy thing being too tight?

No such thing!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    Wait is somebody complaining about that springy thing being too tight?

No such thing!
    I say it looks just right!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I think I'd give it a little tweak for good measure.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

No gun is totally reliable. That's why I carry a back-up gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I could tweek it alog better. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY