CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New CW380,dissapointed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New CW380,dissapointed.

I recently traded in a diamondback db380 in on a Kahr cw380 in the hopes that it was a better quality and functioning gun,now I am not so sure I did the right thing.

I took it out today for its break in with high hopes after following all of the great prep advice on this site.
    I ran 300 rounds through it and it only had one failure to feed but a consistent problem with the slide not returning all the way forward,stopping with the end of the slide flush with the end of the grip frame,requiring smoking the back of the slide to get it into battery.
    Running the slide by hand if you ride the slide you can feel the loss of spring tension as it nears the end of the grip frame.
    So I guess I have to call Kahr and see what they say,$120+ in ammo down the crapper so far.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Sorry to hear that, I too have one on the way and have great hopes it will perform.... I would not call it a complete waste of ammo as you deliberately kept feeding a gun that wasn't performing...

Like feeding a car gas when there's a leak in the hose... I have zero experience with Kahrs so far so others will chime in with real world advice, but while I try to ramp up my post count : ) let me suggest clean the gun, lube, and with mag out rack that sucker like there's no tomorrow.... Then after around 200 plus times take it out and dump 50 into it...

I would not call it a complete waste of ammo as you deliberately kept feeding a gun that wasn't performing...

I'm not so sure a high post count is a sign of intelligence around here. Remember what Abraham Lincoln said "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by WLEEP View Post
    I would not call it a complete waste of ammo as you deliberately kept feeding a gun that wasn't performing...

I'm not so sure a high post count is a sign of intelligence around here. Remember what Abraham Lincoln said "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
    I believe the OP'S issues are minor, based on experience. The OP asked for advice and was provided that advice by those with experience with this model. Last I checked, these forums are visited by members to discuss our Kahrs, and to provide Input as a community.

Looking over a thread that is now 4 pages in legnth, I only see your single addition in the negative, and then you further the response with an insult, backed by a quote not even of your own creation. By your remarks, I would not challenge your intellect, but I will call you a troll.

Again I was trying get it broken in 200 rounds is not a majical number when met fire arms start shooting perfect,hense the additional ammo,the gun seems to have a manufacturing or assembly issue that didn't clear up during break in.
    My first post was born of frustration after getting rid of a lemon in the hopes that Kahr would have a better pistol for my needs,I hope they return me just that
    Perhaps follow your own advice next time and remain silent if you have nothing of use to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by WLEEP View Post

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    Again I was trying get it broken in 200 rounds is not a majical number when met fire arms start shooting perfect,hense the additional ammo,the gun seems to have a manufacturing or assembly issue that didn't clear up during break in.
    I'm in the same position as you. 500 rounds and still experiencing intermittent battery failures. The problem seemed to improve but would not completely go away. I don't consider the ammo a waste as I enjoyed shooting it and improved my trigger pull.

The gun is back at Kahr now and will hopefully return fixed. In the meantime I picked up a Ruger LCP so my little Kahr has a some competition for the right front pocket.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I'm in the same position as you. 500 rounds and still experiencing intermittent battery failures. The problem seemed to improve but would not completely go away. I don't consider the ammo a waste as I enjoyed shooting it and improved my trigger pull.

The gun is back at Kahr now and will hopefully return fixed. In the meantime I picked up a Ruger LCP so my little Kahr has a some competition for the right front pocket.
    Well I hope they can sort these things out for us,let me know how yours turns out as you should have yours back well before I do.
    When I was 380 shopping I was looking to get a lcp but the long heavy trigger pull pushed me to a striker fired diamondback db380 as kahrs cw line was not out yet and the p380 was way more than I could justify spending.
    I sometimes wish I had just bought the Ruger and adapted to the trigger,I have two other Ruger pistols and a 10/22 and love all of them.
    Whe

Sorry for your frustration. Im curious if you cleaned it during those 300 rounds. One thing I might try once if they don't ask for it back is clean it real good since you've been shooting, oil it well (maybe a little on the wet side), and try one box of some full power full metal jacket ammo. Im glad you didnt have any ftf or other jams. I think what you are facing will clear up. Possibly after a good cleaning since your breakin is done.I've had 4 kahrs and after a good first shooting and a good cleaning they do run better.

Also make sure to hold it firmly in the beginning. A little bit of loose grip in the beginning will cause what you are having now. I have a glock that would do that too in the beginning but it cleared up also.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Sorry for your frustration. Im curious if you cleaned it during those 300 rounds. One thing I might try once if they don't ask for it back is clean it real good since you've been shooting, oil it well (maybe a little on the wet side), and try one box of some full power full metal jacket ammo. Im glad you didnt have any ftf or other jams. I think what you are facing will clear up. Possibly after a good cleaning since your breakin is done.I've had 4 kahrs and after a good first shooting and a good cleaning they do run better.

Also make sure to hold it firmly in the beginning. A little bit of loose grip in the beginning will cause what you are having now. I have a glock that would do that too in the beginning but it cleared up also.
    +1 What he said. I experienced the same thing with my CW380 when going through the break-in period. It would occasionally fail to go fully into battery, requiring a nudge on the back of the slide. I kept the gun clean and lubed, using only full-power factory ammo, and the problem went away after about 150+ rounds. After that, it has functioned flawlessly. I now have over 1000 rounds through mine without a single hiccup. That being said, I do not use reloads in this gun, only full-power factory ammo. It is not fussy, and will eat whatever factory ammo I feed it, both FMJ and JHP.

Quote Originally Posted by shlike View Post
    . That being said, I do not use reloads in this gun, only full-power factory ammo. It is not fussy, and will eat whatever factory ammo I feed it, both FMJ and JHP.
    I only intend to feed mine handloads, so it will be interesting to see how it performs... my loads casings are within spec so it should be a non-issue... however I do have one box of factory perfecta I'll probably shoot first (just to be rid of it)