CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: New CW380,dissapointed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry to hear that, I too have one on the way and have great hopes it will perform.... I would not call it a complete waste of ammo as you deliberately kept feeding a gun that wasn't performing...

Like feeding a car gas when there's a leak in the hose... I have zero experience with Kahrs so far so others will chime in with real world advice, but while I try to ramp up my post count : ) let me suggest clean the gun, lube, and with mag out rack that sucker like there's no tomorrow.... Then after around 200 plus times take it out and dump 50 into it...

I would not call it a complete waste of ammo as you deliberately kept feeding a gun that wasn't performing...

I'm not so sure a high post count is a sign of intelligence around here. Remember what Abraham Lincoln said "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by WLEEP View Post
    I would not call it a complete waste of ammo as you deliberately kept feeding a gun that wasn't performing...

I'm not so sure a high post count is a sign of intelligence around here. Remember what Abraham Lincoln said "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
    I believe the OP'S issues are minor, based on experience. The OP asked for advice and was provided that advice by those with experience with this model. Last I checked, these forums are visited by members to discuss our Kahrs, and to provide Input as a community.

Looking over a thread that is now 4 pages in legnth, I only see your single addition in the negative, and then you further the response with an insult, backed by a quote not even of your own creation. By your remarks, I would not challenge your intellect, but I will call you a troll.

Again I was trying get it broken in 200 rounds is not a majical number when met fire arms start shooting perfect,hense the additional ammo,the gun seems to have a manufacturing or assembly issue that didn't clear up during break in.
    My first post was born of frustration after getting rid of a lemon in the hopes that Kahr would have a better pistol for my needs,I hope they return me just that
    Perhaps follow your own advice next time and remain silent if you have nothing of use to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by WLEEP View Post

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    Again I was trying get it broken in 200 rounds is not a majical number when met fire arms start shooting perfect,hense the additional ammo,the gun seems to have a manufacturing or assembly issue that didn't clear up during break in.
    I'm in the same position as you. 500 rounds and still experiencing intermittent battery failures. The problem seemed to improve but would not completely go away. I don't consider the ammo a waste as I enjoyed shooting it and improved my trigger pull.

The gun is back at Kahr now and will hopefully return fixed. In the meantime I picked up a Ruger LCP so my little Kahr has a some competition for the right front pocket.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I'm in the same position as you. 500 rounds and still experiencing intermittent battery failures. The problem seemed to improve but would not completely go away. I don't consider the ammo a waste as I enjoyed shooting it and improved my trigger pull.

The gun is back at Kahr now and will hopefully return fixed. In the meantime I picked up a Ruger LCP so my little Kahr has a some competition for the right front pocket.
    Well I hope they can sort these things out for us,let me know how yours turns out as you should have yours back well before I do.
    When I was 380 shopping I was looking to get a lcp but the long heavy trigger pull pushed me to a striker fired diamondback db380 as kahrs cw line was not out yet and the p380 was way more than I could justify spending.
    I sometimes wish I had just bought the Ruger and adapted to the trigger,I have two other Ruger pistols and a 10/22 and love all of them.
    Whe

Hell, Kimber customer service wants my friend to put a total of at least 800 RN-FMJ rounds thru his Officer sized 1911, (Ultra Crimson Carry II?) before he tries any more HP SD ammo. I think that gun is going up for sale soon, and he is going to end up with a CM9 or CW9 or CT9 even, or similar. Something less bulky and easier to conceal. He had an LC9, but gave it to his son, since the son was toting around some Makarov knockoff pistol that was poor quality, and not very accurate, and is much more likely to run into trouble than his dad is. I'm trying to get him to go with a Kahr, since like me, he has muscle spasms, and I don't think he needs something with a light single action trigger. The Kahr gives me some wriggle room, so if I were covering someone, waiting on the cops or whatever, A muscle spasm or sneeze or something won't cause me to fire the pistol. The Kimber was an impulse buy, he picked up during a break in his CC class. it had the laser grips, and it fit his hand really well. And is a damn fine looking pistol. He didn't put much thought into actually carrying it though, and when he does carry, the chamber is empty, so what good is that.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Well I hope they can sort these things out for us,let me know how yours turns out as you should have yours back well before I do.
    When I was 380 shopping I was looking to get a lcp but the long heavy trigger pull pushed me to a striker fired diamondback db380 as kahrs cw line was not out yet and the p380 was way more than I could justify spending.
    I sometimes wish I had just bought the Ruger and adapted to the trigger,I have two other Ruger pistols and a 10/22 and love all of them.
    Whe
    Apparently the gen2 LCP has a new trigger. I found it to be shorter than the CW380 and smooth. I'm a little more accurate with the LCP.

One week after FedEx delivered my CW380 to Kahr I received an automated email acknowledging that they have the gun and have entered it into the processing queue. No ETA for actually looking at it.