Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New CW380,dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
    My Wife's P380 had same issue. Kahr would not respond to e mails.
    EVERYONE should be fired in their Customer Service department..... !!!! Unless of course there is a chance you had the wrong email address..... :-)

I had the same problem with a CW380 that I bought a while ago. The first time out, I put 25 or 30 rds downrange with 2/3 FTF. I discovered that the cartridge rim was catching on the extractor as a result of sharp corners and rough finish on the extractor and breechface. After polishing and breaking some corners on the extractor and breechface, I took it back to the range and put 150 rds thru it with no issues.

There is no way that it should take 300 to 500 rds of ammo to break in a new pistol. It is a result of companies reducing the amount of fitting and finishing on a new gun and letting the consumer wear everything in with a lot of shooting.

GeezerD

OK just tore it down did a good cleaning and noticed the hood of the barrel has been contacting the inside of the slide,it happens in the last portion of slide travel as the barrel moves into lock up,there are marks on the inside of the slide and the very edge of the barrel hood is now deformed from hitting.
    It explains why it needed that little nudge to send it home.
    I will get ahold of customer service and find out how to send it back for thier examination.

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    OK just tore it down did a good cleaning and noticed the hood of the barrel has been contacting the inside of the slide,it happens in the last portion of slide travel as the barrel moves into lock up,there are marks on the inside of the slide and the very edge of the barrel hood is now deformed from hitting.
    I will get ahold of customer service and find out how to send it back for thier examination.
    Picture? What you describe sounds normal on both of our guns here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    EVERYONE should be fired in their Customer Service department..... !!!! Unless of course there is a chance you had the wrong email address..... :-)
    It was the same address as the first time I did get a response. The response I received from Jay was about the same problem the OP described. Jay said it was normal, but 400+ rds later it was the same. I just bought new springs. Fixed it.

I have the same problem with my CW380. I bought it in July and have had return to battery problems from day 1. It seemed to get better after I did some internal polishing but it started up again last week. I have about 500 rounds through it. Never had an FTF or an FTE. Battery failures have occurred with Aguila FMJ, Blazer Brass FMJ, Federal Hydra Shok and Lehigh XP. Never had a battery failure with Hornady Critical Defense and one of my three mags seems to work fine.

I called Kahr Tuesday, spoke with Gino. He sent me a shipping label. I shipped it Wednesday and it arrived at Kahr Friday morning. I hope whatever they do to fix it won't screw up the fact that it has never jammed.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    Mine had what you described but I don't think that's abnormal. I polished the barrel and the slide in that area but, as posted above, still had battery failures.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

This is what we were experiencing, corrected, 500+ rounds in April. No response to my E mail. Fixed it with new springs.

If this barrel hood to slide mating deformity is what you are referring to, it is not the cause of your issue and is normal mating wear, IMO.

Here are some pics,its the best I can do with my tablet.
    In the first picture the pick is resting on the damaged area in the second pic its hard to see due to the grainy pictures but there are lines where the barrel has been dragging down the slide.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

That first picture is exactly what is happening with mine and the marking on the barrel hood is very similar!
    To me that is not normal part wear in that is piss poor fit and finish,they really should do better than that.
    Did the new springs look the same as the springs you replaced,is length etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
    This is what we were experiencing, corrected, 500+ rounds in April. No response to my E mail. Fixed it with new springs.

If this barrel hood to slide mating deformity is what you are referring to, it is not the cause of your issue and is normal mating wear, IMO.