Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New CW380,dissapointed.

Springs looked different. I will post when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
    Springs looked different. I will post when I get back.
    OK thanks,was the gun new when you got it?

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    OK thanks,was the gun new when you got it?
    Please direct your attention to the picture. The springs are clearly different. To answer your question, yes, the gun was new when we purchased it.

Let me state my opinion that I do not believe there was much, if any spring degradation of the original springs from use. The original springs were weak since new out of the box, and the issue of not returning to full battery shown in my prior picture was apparent from onboxing.

In this picture are original recoil springs, (right), and new replacements from Kahr, (left). While the inner springs appear to be the same length, the new spring is thicker gauge, and with firmer tension.

The original outer spring is clearly shorter. Replacing the springs, both of them, solved the problem with my Wife's gun failing to return to battery. I had NO issues with the failing to return to battery with my CW380, and its factory springs resemble the newly purchased springs shown in the image.

Quote Originally Posted by timboy View Post
    To me that is not normal part wear in that is piss poor fit and finish,they really should do better than that.
    In my opinion, in any moving device where two pieces have contact, the meshing of those parts is understandable, especially where tolerances are extremely close. The peening of the contact point of the barrel hood is not unusual, I do not think. Rather, preferable. A manufacturer can only fit parts so well, the rest meshes upon use. In both of the Kahr 380 guns we own, the barrel to slide lock up is so tight, you can not move it at all by pressing down on it. this lock up has a distinct effect on the accuracy potential of the gun, and our guns are damn accurate. I will wait until I have another 500+ rounds before I consider polishing the peened area.

The alternative to the peening is to have a loosey-goosey put together gun. I have no complaints based on the accuracy which I am getting from the piece, which I stated before is exceptional.

Fyi, ive had bad luck with UMC ammo in kahrs, a beretta 92, and other guns due to low power ammo. Always had good results with American eagle, blazer brass, PMC, seller and bellot. Also had bad results in a LCP with independence ammo.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Gun Papa,thank you very much for the pics and help,that is a pretty big difference.
    P380 slides are a little shorter from what I understand,I wonder if a batch of cw380 pistols left the factory with the wrong springs,may bee from a p380?

If that were the case, the spring should have worked fine as the gun pictured is a P380.

Well I got a shipping label today,I am planning to send it out Thurs or Fridayafter I take some better pictures for my own record.
    I really hope they make this thing right,I want this gun to be a keeper.

You may want to consider shipping it early in the week so it is not sitting in a truck or warehouse over the weekend. just a thought for peace of mind...
    Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those that don't.

I continue to believe that the Kahr 380 line gives me just what I want in a micro gun platform. Micro, locked breach, accurate, and reliable. I say this overall. It is asking for it all. I do not mind the minor kinks, overall the guns are amazing, especially in the value line. This weekend, I carried the CW in a front pocket, condition 3 in what is popularly termed, a non permissive environment, where I could not have carried another gun . I was thankful to have it and felt in no way that the gun would be discovered.