Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thompson custom 1911

Default Thompson custom 1911

Anyone here own the Thompson custom 1911? Looking to make my first 1911 purchase and start my financial decline as I am told these 1911's can do to a man....lol
    Being the Kahr fan that I am I thought this would be a great purchase for me to keep it in the family. My only concern is parts, like I said I am new to the 1911 but through some reading I learned not all 1911's made today use standard parts (Taurus 1911 I believe is one of them). I have also read the Thompson does not use a standard dovetail cuts for the sights making aftermarket sight selection very limited. Of course this reading was all done on the Internet so it must be true right?
    Anyways, if anyone has any real world experience with the TC please chime in and let me know what you think about it. Thank you all.

I don't have one YET. But I will first chance I get.

I do have a Desert Eagle 1911G, they also make a commander 1911C? I can attest to how extremely nice this gun is and they are also a Kahr product.

I do plan to get a Thompson. I just gotta have one. That's the financial decline you mention. I'm just a little further down the drain than you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by stevetford View Post
    Anyone here own the Thompson custom 1911? Looking to make my first 1911 purchase and start my financial decline as I am told these 1911's can do to a man....lol
    Being the Kahr fan that I am I thought this would be a great purchase for me to keep it in the family. My only concern is parts, like I said I am new to the 1911 but through some reading I learned not all 1911's made today use standard parts (Taurus 1911 I believe is one of them). I have also read the Thompson does not use a standard dovetail cuts for the sights making aftermarket sight selection very limited. Of course this reading was all done on the Internet so it must be true right?
    Anyways, if anyone has any real world experience with the TC please chime in and let me know what you think about it. Thank you all.
    They run about the same price as the Remington R1. The great thing about 1911's is there is soooo much you can do to one! I'm in the process of tricking out my R!. So far I have new Remington Panels, Pierce Finger Grips, 2 extra 8-round Wilson Mags. added a 100 bucks without blinking. I will soon to be getting a skeletonized trigger and hammer kit with a beavertail grip safety. I'm thinking of going all black.....maybe a silver aluminum trigger...not sure yet.....another 150-200 bucks. THEN I'M DONE.............................I hope.

I just picked one up a few days ago. This is a GREAT 1911! I am also curious to find a good night sight for it (I've been told that Kimbers will slide right in, but the jury is still out on that!) This gun shoots a tight pattern right out of the box and not ONE FTL or FTE through 100 rounds right out of the box! Picked it up BRAND NEW with hard case, barrel lock, and SS mag for $549! The price had me skeptical, but the gun shop had one on the range and it felt so tight and well made, I HAD to buy it! Just like my CW45, it is an EXCEPTIONAL gun, even if I would have had to pay 800-900 bucks for it! If you want a quality ( and oh so purdy) 1911, RUN ... DON'T WALK.. to the gun shop and get one of these! I'll throw up some pics in a few minutes!

I'm sitting right here till I see the pics.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm sitting right here till I see the pics.
    Ask and Ye Shall Receive!

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/YkyuO#0

That's more than enough for me. I'm gonna get me one of them. Nice looking gun.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

It really is. I don't expect the prices to stay where they are for long. This one has a lot of features for $549 (MSRP $813). 80 series firing pin safety, sight checking, etc.

i want one of these very badly.
    no shops around me (MA) have had them and i need to find out about the legality of them here. the A.O. versions are everywhere so i dont see why these arent!

I keep telling myself I dont need any more guns but this thread makes me think otherwise.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/