Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgive me Father for I have sinned ... (Ruger LCP)

Smile Forgive me Father for I have sinned ... (Ruger LCP)

While my CW380 is back at Kahr for return to battery problems, I picked up an LCP ($299 with mail in for a 2nd mag and a box of Remington Train and Defend hollow points).

Went straight from the sales counter to the range line - no prep. 125 rounds of 4 different types of ammo. Only hiccup was a stovepipe ejection on round 87. Recoil wasn't bad, accuracy was good (for me). Trigger pull is shorter than the Kahr and felt fine to me.

50 rounds Aguila FMJ - perfect
    20 rounds Lehigh XP - perfect
    20 rounds Federal Hydra Shok - 1 stovepipe ejection
    35 rounds Blazer Brass FMJ - perfect

12.8 ounces with 7 rounds of Lehigh XP, Hogue Handall Jr (trimmed) and Sticky Holster.

Very happy!

Last edited by DavidR; 06-20-2015 at 06:42 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I Miss Elsie Pea

Congrats DavidR!
    The LCP is a decent little gun. By most accounts, they generally run well straight from the box and it's good to read that yours is not an exception.
    Mine would have an occasional failure to feed (no rhyme or reason to it) that eventually cleared up as the pistol broke in. My only complaint is that I wish Ruger would offer an upgrade (service or parts) to the revised/improved trigger your gun has (yours has improved sights as well ). I can live with the old trigger, but I easily best it with my P380.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Good buy. I have one that has over 1000 rounds through it. Dont carry it much since I got a j-frame. I put a grip like greg has on his and it fits the hand much better. Got my dad one last Christmas too.

I've never seen that type ammo before. Very interesting.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Congrats! the LCP is a good gun. I have had mine about 5yrs now. When I really need a small gun it is still my favorite, small, lightweight CCW,

I have been thinking about picking up another LCP with the new improved trigger and sights. Been looking at the model that also includes a cool new Viridian green laser. I've seen them on sale for $300. Plus the current promo offer Ruger is running of a free spare mag, and some ammo makes it very, very tempting.

Add me to the list. I love my pm9 but live in NC and wear shorts about 7 months out of the year. The pm9 was a little too heavy for pocket carry in my shorts and while I was at a gun show last fall bought an lcp on impulse. Has done great in every aspect out of the box, carry it in my shorts and hardly know it's there.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

good to see your enjoying the Lehigh, I've had my LCP for around 4yrs or so and have never had a problem with it whatsoever with 1k thru it, well with the exception of one of my handloads ftfire... Love the gun, in fact it was mostly it that brought me here to this site as I wanted the newer version of the LCP like you have but then I'm used to my trigger now, so enter the kahr 380, up and down I went with this.... have a cw380 in route, but man now you make me REALLY want to try the new LCP after reading your post.... Do me a favor and weigh the gun with out the grip and just an empty mag... mine for some reason weighs 8.8oz when its suppose to be 9.4, I'm not complaining for minimalist efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post

I've never seen that type ammo before. Very interesting.
    Read toward the last few pages of this thread here... Post #30 click on the video http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...-ammo-question

Quote Originally Posted by BEARDOG View Post
    Plus the current promo offer Ruger is running of a free spare mag, and some ammo makes it very, very tempting.
    WHAT !!!! you're killing me, I'm tapped out the wife will kill me but, but, but.... a free mag promo?? do tell.... maybe I need to sell another knife and buy the new LCP...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    Do me a favor and weigh the gun with out the grip and just an empty mag... mine for some reason weighs 8.8oz when its suppose to be 9.4 I
    9.6 ounces (no grip, empty mag)

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. This is my 28th pistol I love mine. Hope you do too.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    (this space intentionally left blank)