Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expired CC permit

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    If you need to defend yourself, just advise the b/g that your permit will be arriving shortly, show him the paperwork, and give him a good stern rebuke.

Never carry your carry permit with your other papers, drivers licence, credit cards, etc. Never.

Do nothing, say nothing, when encountering LEO. Answer questions directly in a friendly manner. Add nothing else. Never.
    I've always heard the complete opposite... You don't say anything (i've got a gun) but when doing "business" with an LEO and if asked to see your license you casually hand him your permit as well...even as a passenger in the vehicle, nothing is said to officer in case driver doesn't know you're carrying concealed... Here in OK however you can now open carry... I've heard this from numerous instructors residing in varying states...

OP: I wouldn't chance it one bit, lets say for argument sake OSBI drops the ball or for some reason denies your permit, you are unlawfully carrying..

I'm eagerly checking my mailbox daily as I too am waiting...

In Texas where I live, I have a CC but you can also carry without a permit in your car only.

Each state is quite different.

Florida is not a "must inform" state. Weapons permits go thru the dept of agriculture, and there is no tag for LEO's that persons have a permit.

In florida - and in general - the less you say, the better you will be with any LEO encounter

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post

In florida - and in general - the less you say, the better you will be with any LEO encounter
    I agree... and in the same breath will reiterate the importance of handing your CCL with the DL discretely, at least that's the way I've been informed and to me makes perfect sense (to me) so there are no "surprises" with a rookie and a happy trigger at worst.

Each state is different. WA state law requires carrying your concealed pistol license when carrying concealed or having a loaded pistol in a vehicle. So I would not carry concealed with an expired license. Also, WA does not have a duty to inform a police officer that you are carrying, but if asked you must answer truthfully and provide your CP license. Note that if the officer has run a check on you he most likely already knows if you have a CP license.

In Georgia they give you a temporary 90 day permit when you renew to allow for mailing delays, at lest they did when I renewed in April.
    Last edited by O'Dell; 09-02-2014 at 04:59 PM.

An expired permit is no permit. May be able to talk your way out of it, but wouldn't count on it. Just sayin'......
    NRA Benefactor

Just for conversation most officers that I've encountered as well as our own here who I've asked really don't care if your carrying or not. Unless you've already done something bad that puts you on their radar or something they want to investigate further which would mean getting out of your car if they don't see they don't care.

A friend was asked for his registration etc, it was in glove box with gun on top of it. He advised the officer and the officer said just put the gun on the seat and get the paperwork.
    Another officer friend encountered the same situation but the driver didn't explain the situation but grabbed his gun, he ended up with a Sig stuffed in his ear with instructions to drop the gun on the floorboards forthwith or get his head blown off. So you see the situation dictates the response.

As usual be a jerk, your gonna be treated like one. Act human with appropriate and polite honest responses and everyone will go home happy happy happy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Guess I'd better leave the Kahr in the motor home when taking a stroll through any town if we're vacationing out of state till my permit comes in. Course anytime we're out walking in the country I have always carried my .357 just in case we meet an unfriendly animal.
    Last edited by Allen; 09-02-2014 at 09:06 PM.