Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK is one sexy piece....need help !!!

Find a used one. It won't hurt as much.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I don't think the recoil is an issue with the MK40. The Pm40 might be for some people as it's about 1/2 pound lighter. I think the MK is a sweet shooting pistol and if I had to sell off some guns, it would be one of the last to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've got an MK 40 Elite and what I especially like about it is the weight dampens the recoil considerably. Mine has also been flawless in performance so far. Highly recommend if you don't mind carrying the extra weight.

Gotta love the MK 40!

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

We all are looking for the pefect gun. I don't believe exists, but the MK40 comes darn close. Before I discovered Kahr (all steel is the deal), I guess my Sig P239, P232-230, and j frame model 60 was it.

This summer I either carried the MK in my front pocket with the help of the Galco pocket protector (great holster), or my K40 which I carry on my left hip without a holster.

They are fantastic guns and yes, if I go out to the range, you will find me shooting my 1911's, full size Sig everything, etc.

I may not shoot the MK40 as much as the others, but I feel very safe with either on my person. A 180 grain pebble can give you a heck of a bump. Now when they release the new K45, we my talk again.
    USN ~ Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    We all are looking for the pefect gun. I don't believe exists, but the MK40 comes darn close. Before I discovered Kahr (all steel is the deal), I guess my Sig P239, P232-230, and j frame model 60 was it.

This summer I either carried the MK in my front pocket with the help of the Galco pocket protector (great holster), or my K40 which I carry on my left hip without a holster.

They are fantastic guns and yes, if I go out to the range, you will find me shooting my 1911's, full size Sig everything, etc.

I may not shoot the MK40 as much as the others, but I feel very safe with either on my person. A 180 grain pebble can give you a heck of a bump. Now when they release the new K45, we my talk again.
    How do you do that? Duct tape?

yeah but I don't want anything CA legal, in fear it will have a loaded chamber indicator or something else that insults me...

besides I would only consider an Elite 03, this is only me salivating at the moment as I'm tapped out with guns and have to place my monetary focus on other maintenance items........

but I do have my eyes peeled and who knows if I find a deal that cannot be passed up I may snag one, regardless of what the wife thinks , maybe in fact I'll buy it for her

Quote Originally Posted by FLBri View Post
    The size between the 9 and 40 are near identical. Only the slide is just slightly beefier. Everything else is identical. the 40 holds one less round.
    If you are recoil sensitive, the 40 can be snappy in an MK. The 9 is a sweetheart.
    No one here is going to talk you out of it! These are great pistols.
    There's an old lore about Kahr's,
    "Kahrs are well stacked"
    "When you handle one you'll want to handle another"
    "Your shooting range will know you on a first name basis"
    and, like Lays' potato chips, you can't have just one!