Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time reader - First time poster

Default Long time reader - First time poster

Hi all! I figured it was about time I actually registered and join the family. I've been an extremely happy CM9 owner for about 1.5 years. I love that little thing and carry it with me everywhere I can legally carry it. I have fired over 2500 100% reliable rounds through it since day 1. I've competed in steel matches and completed 3 advanced concealed carry / tactical shooting classes with it and while I may have to reload more often than the Glocks and S&W M&Ps I normally shoot against, my little Kahr has run with or even outran those other guys. Plus I'm getting really good a speed reloads. ;-)
    My BUG for the past 6 months has been a Taurus TCP380 that I carry in an ankle holster. I actually really like the TCP, it is accurate and has been completely reliable for me (when shot properly - see complaint to follow). Other than maybe the tiny sights, my only real complaint with the TCP is the stupid trigger reset. On occasion, during rapid fire I'd feel the first click of the trigger reset and pull the trigger before letting out to the second reset, only to drop the hammer from 1/2 cock and get a click and no boom. Stupid dumb idiotic design, especially for a defensive handgun. So for the past few months I've been looking for another micro-380 to replace the TCP. I thought about the LCP, the Bodyguard, and finally got smart and settled on the CW380. I took advantage of Palmetto State Armory's Labor Day sale and my new CW380 is scheduled to arrive at my LGS for transfer tomorrow or Friday. I can't wait to hit the range. I hope to give a pretty good range report.

We hope you give a pretty good range report too, just like your CM9.

Glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If you like the CM9, you will LOVE the CW 380 as BUG or many times, primary carry. After all the 380 is a short nine. My CW 380 has been flawless from day one since last November and I'm sure yours will be too.

Good luck and happy shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter23 View Post
    Hi all! I figured it was about time I actually registered and join the family. I've been an extremely happy CM9 owner for about 1.5 years. I love that little thing and carry it with me everywhere I can legally carry it. I have fired over 2500 100% reliable rounds through it since day 1. I've competed in steel matches and completed 3 advanced concealed carry / tactical shooting classes with it and while I may have to reload more often than the Glocks and S&W M&Ps I normally shoot against, my little Kahr has run with or even outran those other guys. Plus I'm getting really good a speed reloads. ;-)
    My BUG for the past 6 months has been a Taurus TCP380 that I carry in an ankle holster. I actually really like the TCP, it is accurate and has been completely reliable for me (when shot properly - see complaint to follow). Other than maybe the tiny sights, my only real complaint with the TCP is the stupid trigger reset. On occasion, during rapid fire I'd feel the first click of the trigger reset and pull the trigger before letting out to the second reset, only to drop the hammer from 1/2 cock and get a click and no boom. Stupid dumb idiotic design, especially for a defensive handgun. So for the past few months I've been looking for another micro-380 to replace the TCP. I thought about the LCP, the Bodyguard, and finally got smart and settled on the CW380. I took advantage of Palmetto State Armory's Labor Day sale and my new CW380 is scheduled to arrive at my LGS for transfer tomorrow or Friday. I can't wait to hit the range. I hope to give a pretty good range report.
    welcome. saw you moniker and thought I would say hello. I just got into bows and i'll be honest....I like bows more than guns. shhhh
    I am the Living Man

Thanks for the welcomes. I really hope the CW380 proves as reliable as my CM9. I've read so many posts on the P380 and CW380 about failing to return to battery or having feeding issues. Thanks to my CM9 I have very high standards for Kahr now so this CW380 makes me a little nervous. I'm holding onto the TCP until the CW380 proves itself reliable for EDC. Then maybe I can sell the TCP and use that money for a CT laser-guard, spare mag, and some Talon grips for the CW.
    I tend to agree with you too knkali. There's something a lot more peaceful about shooting an arrow than a bullet. Since Ohio allows concealed carry during bow season and I only hunt from the ground, I like having my CM9 on my side in case I ever run into some rabid coyotes or anything else that requires more than a Muzzy can deliver.

My experience. CM9, all 124 gr. profiles, no problems after 150 round break in. CW45 and CW380,both now 100% with bullet profiles they like. Neither do well with flat tip bullet profiles. Use FMJ round nose to break in.

glad to here she's a runner.... and if you actually do get your gun that early I WILL BE COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY !!!!!

I just bought one and will pick it up today, unfortunately I paid $25 more than you but was kinda in the deal the same day PSA went on sale, besides I've heard sooooooooooooooo much bad about firearm timelines, ammo is one thing guns/parts another...

Please let us know when your gun arrives, maybe things are changing....

Welcome aboard enjoy your stay from a fellow BUCKEYE.
    BOB

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter23 View Post
    ... So for the past few months I've been looking for another micro-380 to replace the TCP. I thought about the LCP, the Bodyguard, and finally got smart and settled on the CW380. I took advantage of Palmetto State Armory's Labor Day sale...
    Good choice with perfect timing. Congrats.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Got the call from my LGS Thursday and picked up my new toy Friday. Unfortunately won't get a chance to try it out until next weekend. I'll try to post up some pics later this week. I've ordered from PSA many times and while shipping times have been a little slow in the past, I am very happy with the speed of this order. Even with the previous wait times, the fact that they always have a decent amount of ammo/parts in stock and their prices are really good, keep me coming back. Though I went back to order a spare mag for this and they wanted $17 for shipping so I passed. That's 1/2 the cost of the mag itself.