Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Breakin in the CT45

Default Breakin in the CT45

Took the kahr out to the range this afternoon. put 100 flawless rounds through it. 50 on paper 50 on steel.

gotta get used to the trigger. was jerking it pretty bad at first. slowed myself down and concentrated and started doing alot better. I chose a longer distance so I could spot my error's easier. there is also a 8 round mag dump in there. as fast as I could pick up the front sight. gonna see what I can do with some more trigger time and some different ammo. this was with pmc bronze 230gr fmj at 10 yds.
    Last edited by garred8787; 09-04-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Glad to hear your gun performed well for you. It takes awhile to get used to the trigger. Using reloaded ammo will void your warranty, so I'd not mention using reloads here where someone from Kahr could see it. That bit of info is kind of hidden down in the red printing at the bottom of page 20 or 21 I think, in the manual. I suppose if you used jacketed bullets, it would be harder to prove than if you used cast bullets and the barrel was leaded up. I don't recall anyone being turned down for warranty service for using handloads. I just thought I'd mention it, in case you didn't see the warning. Like if you made a really hot load, and blew the pistol up or damaged some parts, I don't know how Kahr would react to something like that, if they'd honor the warranty or not. I know quite a few Kahr shooters do load their own. I have had a company ask me to send them some of the rounds I was shooting when I returned a pistol for service once.
    Good luck with your pistol, hope it continues to run well for you.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

thanks for the heads up. one thing I did forget to ask is are these kahr's know to shoot low? i'm used to my POI being right on top of the front sight. this one was shooting 2-3" below at 10 yds? may be me with the trigger but figured i'd ask.

I've had a CT45 for several months now and love it. It is now my primary carry, previously it was a Remington R1 Enhanced 1911. My CT45 really likes the more powerful self defense rounds, and I think you would find that they may shoot a little higher than practice rounds like wincheser white box, but it shoots everything without any problems. I think the trigger is the second best I've ever tried (second only to my 1911). I have several holsters for it but the one I use 95% of the time is the Remora #10. When I first got it (new) the rear sight was all the way to the left and it fired several inches to the left at 7 yards. I had a sight pusher and moved it back to the middle and it now shoots where I'm aiming. Over all for the $360.00 I paid for it, I couldn't have gotten a better gun anywhere for twice the price.

I wouldn't be hesitant to shoot reloads as long as I was the one who had done the reloading. I don't trust anyone's reloads, but my own and sometimes I'm not so sure about them.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I could be paying 12 cents a round for .45 for reloads done by a guy at my gun club.......................................won't even do that.............................I do not shoot reloads period.