Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 o'clock HIGH POA P380 w/ NS ?

Default 12 o'clock HIGH POA P380 w/ NS ?

I sold my P380 to get one with the Trijicon night sights. Shoots nice and straight, but the hold is a HIGH 12 o'clock. Tried putting the CT laser back on this one, but the dot is well below the front sight and you can't see it. At 7 yards, I'm aiming almost 2" high to hit center bullseye. Seems odd to me. My PM9 is center hold/center hit. Your 2 cents?

Charlie

No opinions? I think I'm gonna buy a .380 laser bore sight cartridge and see where it falls in the sights. There is nothing I can do about the height of the sights.

I'm not a big laser fan.... I like my guns plain and simple...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    No opinions? I think I'm gonna buy a .380 laser bore sight cartridge and see where it falls in the sights. There is nothing I can do about the height of the sights.
    I was shopping the other day for the new CW380 I have coming in. And I thought just from looking at the pics on the Kahr website at the Trijicon N.S. they have for it, that they look much higher then the lower profile standard sights that the CW380 comes with... They probably had to make them larger to have room for the vials.
    I am not sure what you can do about it...Maybe Kahr could do some "fitting" to make it shoot more to point of aim???... I don't know if that is worth 2 cents but that is all I got

The laser bore sight is simply a cartridge that looks like a .380 cartridge that you put in the chamber to see where the barrel is actually pointing by shining a laser that it built into the cartridge onto the target.

I'm used to different guns having a different "hold", but to have a "hold" 2 inches above point of impact at 7 yards seems quite extreme. I have a PM9 with the Meprolight night sights, and the point of aim is directly on the point of impact. It was the same with my old P380 which had the standard Bar-Dot sights.

The laser bore sight is simply a cartridge that looks like a .380 cartridge that you put in the chamber to see where the barrel is actually pointing by shining a laser that it built into the cartridge onto the target.
    LOL, I get it.... !!

maybe next time I'll read the thread in its entirety before I post subliminal messages....

I'll have to get me one of those...

Default 12 o'clock HIGH POA P380 w/ NS ?

I sold my P380 to get one with the Trijicon night sights. Shoots nice and straight, but the hold is a HIGH 12 o'clock. Tried putting the CT laser back on this one, but the dot is well below the front sight and you can't see it. At 7 yards, I'm aiming almost 2" high to hit center bullseye. Seems odd to me. My PM9 is center hold/center hit. Your 2 cents?

Charlie
    I don't have those sights, but something is off. The total overall height of the P380 is less than 4", so you can't tell me it's 2" from the top of the Trijicon front sight to the center of the bore. The sight must be misaligned if you have to hold that high.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I'm thinking that somehow the barrel must be pointing somewhat downward, but I can't fathom HOW. It shoots straight as an arrow....all of the rounds are grouped in an inch-inch 1/2 circle, but WAY low, unless I aim WAY high. I guess I'll call Kahr and ask their advice. They just returned my PM9 within a week after the front rail snapped in half. That is FAST.

Charlie

I'm thinking that somehow the barrel must be pointing somewhat downward, but I can't fathom HOW.
    You didn't have the problem before the new sights were installed. Isn't it more likely the sights are "pointed upward" ie the rear sight is sitting a bit lower than the front? Wouldn't take being off but a hair to make a 2" difference at 21 feet.

Well, it's actually a new gun which CAME with the factory night sights. (I sold the first one). That is possible, but don't know how I could possibly raise the rear sight.