Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Federal Aluminum 45acp Ammo

yesterday local WM had a bunch of the 100rd boxes of aluminum on the shelf, it makes a great product for those who don't reload & just like to target shoot.
    BOB
    G 30,34,35,40,41, Shield 9,45
    S&W 686,629,500, XD9 Mod2
    Weatherby Reaper, H&R 12ga
    S&W 4506,5906, Bodyguard, SD9

Nothing but brass for me................................................ .

I have several boxes of the the 45 230 that I ran through a new PM45 during break in....I had 3 ftf from light primer strikes.....I had zero issues with other brass cased ammo I used.....2 of the 3 ftf after numerous restrikes that looked to be sufficient to ignite primer.....I don't know whether the light strikes were primer related or gun related, but the brass cased ammo all had perfectly indented spent primers...

Sounds primer related to me.

If your getting sufficient hits, it should go.

I usually shoot brass of late but have no issued with the aluminum stuff. Shot a lot of it in the past.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Yes....I have shot a lot of it in my 1911's with no issues either, my Les Baer and Springfield Trophy Match especially love the stuff. I had never owned a Kahr and found an unusually great deal on a CM9 on Gunbroker, and loved it so much I immediately found another great deal on a PM45 and bought it...I love it!!! Low recoil impulse for such a light 45 and on our big steel plate range at the FOP, if I missed one I don't remember. Amazing how you can enjoy shooting a $300 pistol more than a 2K Baer....although I like them all. As soon as I get another couple hundred rounds through the PM45, and make sure no issues, it will be in my carry rotation for sure. I kinda feel about the Kahrs like I did about my Freedom Arms 454 after I got it....how have I not owned one of these in my 63 years !!!