CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice--Big Man

Quote Originally Posted by swilcher7 View Post
    And there in lies part of the problem. A victim can come into a court room beat to hell and back, arm in a cast, face swollen, etc, and tell a judge I'm not going to testify against my attacker. The court system has no choice but to dismiss the charges. Our laws need to change in that photos of the injuries, the police/hospital reports, witness statements, etc, can be enough to proceed in charges these clowns. You may not hear too much of it, but it happens ALOT!!! If victim refuses to testify, charges go bye bye..
    Not everywhere. Here in OK the Domestic Abuse Statutes take the victim completely out of the picture. If the responding officer can detect an injury "no matter how slight" the suspect "must" be arrested. We get dang near all persons so arrested are convicted based upon the officers testimony and photographs alone. No victims is needed or wanted to prosecute the case.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Good!!! I wish it was like that here. I know each state has different laws. Most of the cases, no the majority of the cases were the same people all the time. Even though you pretty much knew what the outcome is gonna be, you still have a job to do. That's where I think some people talk out both sides of mouth. Certain situations they want police to do job and support them, while other times the don't want them too and are against them...

swilcher7 sadly there is a great amount of repeat business here. We call them Frequent Flyers or Old Friends. Unless the cycle is broken ALL domestic violence eventually leads to homicide of one of the parties by the other.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

The sad part is the victim frequently is so financially dependent for themselves and any children that they don't feel they have a choice to leave. They take the beating for the money and usually only a limited amount at that. Food and shelter at the cost of being a punching bag.

Here we're much like LZ mentioned. If there's obvious signs of injuries an arrest is mandatory. After that basically the officer can be the complainant and can possibly go to court without the victim. Still the punishment generally isn't enough and not enough protection for the victim after the fact.
    Things are improving slowly. Now it's common if requested for the victim to be notified that the abuser is getting released. Usually a protection order is almost a given which may or may not do any good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yes sir....I am well aware of the frequent fliers!!! Dealt with quite a few in my law enforcement and ems time. I totally agree, homicide is usually the end result of these issues. We even explained this to the victims, to no avail. I just watched on our local news here that a guy shot at his former girlfriends new boyfriend. He missed, then turned the gun on her, but didn't fire. He then was found in his apartment with self inflicted GSW, and still alive. That seems to be the norm anymore. If I can't have you then no one can...Myself, in some cases I believe if you're found guilty in certain crimes (murder, crimes against children, rape, etc) you should receive the same thing done to you as you did to your victims..But we know that will never happen...

Protection orders aren't worth paper they are printed on. A majority of the time it's the plaintiff who violates the order by letting abuser back into their life. But, if they get into it again, said defendant on order goes to jail because of the order. Also there are times where protection orders have been used just to get back at someone. IE: someone leaves for another person, on going custody battle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    But I never thought about cameras in Revel's elevator before. My wife and I stayed there a last spring, sort of second honeymooning. There were couple of times on the elevator…
    A couple times? How long were you there? A month?
    ​O|||||||O

I'll give Rice this....she was pissed about something, charged/attacked him, and spit on him. He reacted. Nonetheless....
    NRA Benefactor

It's just like stupid selfish people. You really want to remove them from the gene pool and the world would be a better place if you did but it's still illegal.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've never punched a woman out, but I did slapped one once after she bounced a set of car and house keys off of my forehead. It was a reflex reaction and the only incident of violence by either party in more than 43 years of marriage. I guess that I could be considered a POS, too.
    Last edited by muggsy; 09-11-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380