Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CW45 - what to look for?

Default CW45 - what to look for?

Hey all, I fondled a new CW45 at my local shop, very impressed with the feel in my hands and especially the trigger.

Before I got out the credit card, I hesitated and asked to put it on hold for a few days while I did a little research.

Just browsing the thread, I've read about slides needing milling and "short rail" issue.. If someone could enlighten me as to what to check for on the one I've got on hold it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also curious if there is a serial # range to avoid, though I believe the CW45 has been out for a little while. I usually go PM when I buy a Kahr, but the CW is just too good a value.

Thank you all in advance!
    Last edited by actionexpress; 09-09-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: bandwidth

CW45 (and other poly 45): issues and fixes

In this thread you will find much valuable info regarding a lot of issues. Go to page 8, post 72, for the "Greg test" on cw45 "short rail issue"
    I have cw45 that was repaired by Kahr for this. I have seen a variety of serial numbers, so don`t be overly concerned about a specific range.
    If the gun passes the Greg test, then go for it.
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

The only thing you need to look for is more ammo, once you shoot it you will be like a little kid on x-mas morning.
    I've had mine for 1 1/2yrs & was very surprised by the trigger & the punch it packs, this is 1 fine piece that I can always count on never getting rid of.
    BOB

I've had two CW45's and like all my Kahrs, both were trouble free from the first shot. My current CW45 is my favorite belt carry pistol over several much more expensive 45's.