Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Died

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Default Battery Died

Bad news - During dry fire practice my CTL batteries started to die. Good news - Contacted Crimson Trace and new set of batteries are on the way under the Batteries for Life program.....batteries and shipping costs are free for my life. Great news - A while back, they had already sent me a spare pair that I held in storage and immediately installed. I always have new batteries ready to go. Even better news - The batteries that just went bad lasted me over a year with regular dry fire practice... and my CTL has been totally reliable and dead on, for the past 4 years. Zero problems. Great product and support from CTL. Extremely useful device.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Is that something you sign up for or part of every CTL purchase. Mine shows signs of weakness, I keep forgetting to look for a battery at the store. I also always forget what to look for. Took it apart twice now to look. I think I'm a procrastinator or something.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think all you have to do is call them and tell them what you have and they'll sign you up. I do the same as garyb - get a spare set after the first year, keep them til I need them and call for another spare set. Never have to go to the store.

Replaced mine twice so far, but the first time was my dumb. The battery was fine, the lens was dirty.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Bawanna, I am not sure if it was a promotion that is limited to those that purchased during that promotion; or if it is available to everyone. Try calling 1-800-442-2406. Simply say that when you purchased your laser, you were under the free batteries for life program and your batteries finally died. If they say you did not register, just ask them how to do it. I never have a problem acting stupid. Know the Model # of the laser you purchased. Perhaps they will send you a set....
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Geez Gary, I didn't know it was an act. You are good!
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

They replace all of mine. I just told them what I have when I called to sign up. I just put new ones in each year and retire the old one to backup status. Their service is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Geez Gary, I didn't know it was an act. You are good!
    LOL...move over Tom Cruise.
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

The replacement batteries arrived within 5 days. Great service and products from Crimson Trace in my opinion.
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Just a question here as I don't have the laser. If it went off when you needed it how would it affect your aim? My son convinced me not to get them when he was in academy, but every fed cop show seems to have them. Also I tried one out and it was terrific, plus I have the practice laser which works well when I get around to practicing.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I just use mine mostly for dry fire practice which is sadly all too rare lately. I often times put a piece of tape over the laser at the range so I use the sights, actually a little bit of both so I confirm the laser is on.

I think they are great myself, I didn't always think so but I guess I'm kind of a convert.

The intimidation factor and the ability to aim in less than ideal positions is a big plus too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."