Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) CW9

Default New (to me) CW9

As stated, I picked up a one owner CW9. (Actually bought it off a LGS emplyee)
    Never owned a Kahr before, actually had never looked at one, but really have taken a liken to it.
    First shots with it I seem to shoot down and left with it. No problems with my other pistols (MP9 and XD-S 45). Could it be the angle of the grip or am I just thinking too much, and need to just put more rounds down range?
    I mainly CC my XD-S and was thinking of having my girl step up to this from a 380, but here is the BIG issue, for both:
    The magazine that came with it has the sharpest edges I have ever encountered when loading a mag. And once you get closer to a full mag, it will almost cut your thumb when applying pressure. This is keeping my girl from even thinking twice about it.
    Do I need to try and find new factory mags, or are all Kahr mags like this?

Thanks for the help,
    Tim

first congrats on your gun... if you're shooting down/left you are, (a)jerking/slapping the trigger (b)tightening fingers... Kahr's trigger will take some getting used to believe me, don't worry it will come try a smooth slow trigger at first so you can sense where it breaks... You will need plenty of rounds down range

regarding the mags, my first run of my pm9 consisted of 400 rounds, I have 7 mags and my thumbs were feeling it.. I'm not used to a metal mag as I typically shoot glocks that only has smooth metal inserts.. Try pressing top bullet more with left hand while inserting the bullet with the other, being mindful to push the actual bullet itself rather then the casing toward the end when sliding it in..

I believe all Kahr mags are like this, it takes getting used to but I now have 1k thru my pm9 and today shot 250 and had no problems loading the mags... guess I'm used to it now...

I usually only stack 5 in my CW-45. In a self defense situation its highly unlikely you'd need 6. Otherwise I'd be carrying a double stack.

Get a mag loader. Uplula is top notch. Make it easy on yerself.
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

^^^^ #1. After years of doing without, I purchased an Uplula mag loader. Man, what a difference! And, it loads from .32 to .45 calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    +1,000 My arthritic wife loads as fast as she can pick up the next round with zero pain or problems.

I have an uplula, they are indeed the best. I get lazy as I get older, soI just load one or two short in the maga, when doing range fodder time.. In my G19 I just loaded 10 rounds that was way wnough for me to just stand there to shoot awayt at paper. Lazy works good for me. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    No doubt...................get yourself one. They work for multiple calibers, and have saved many a finger................................

Another Uplula vote...works great.
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9396/nralh.jpg
    Apparently, that notch in the rail is supposed to be there...
    We need idiot control...NOT gun control.

If you are shooting to the left,give more of your trigger finger at least to, or even better, past the first joint. That worked for me for my CW380.