Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best replacement sight options for CM9?

Default Best replacement sight options for CM9?

What are some good options to consider for replacement CM9 sights? I don't particularly dislike the stock sights, but something for better night use and quicker alignment would be preferred considering this is my daily carry piece.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    What are some good options to consider for replacement CM9 sights? I don't particularly dislike the stock sights, but something for better night use and quicker alignment would be preferred considering this is my daily carry piece.
    Dawson Precision has front tritium sights in eight different heights for CM/CW Kahrs. They offer the fiber optic front in three different widths. I just put their front night sight on my E9. I like it.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambler View Post
    Dawson Precision has front tritium sights in eight different heights for CM/CW Kahrs. They offer the fiber optic front in three different widths. I just put their front night sight on my E9. I like it.
    +1 on their FO front sight. I have night sights on my PM, but would replace with FO front and flat black rear when the night sight fails.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I concur with the other folks in that the Dawson products are an excellent choice.

Still, I like the Trijicon sights that Kahr sells.
    I replaced just the front sight on my CM9:

On my CW9 and CW45, I installed complete sets:

XS also makes sights that will work on the CM/CW series (without milling), but you have to contact them directly about those sights as they are not listed on their website.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I concur with the other folks in that the Dawson products are an excellent choice.

Still, I like the Trijicon sights that Kahr sells.
    I replaced just the front sight on my CM9:

On my CW9 and CW45, I installed complete sets:

XS also makes sights that will work on the CM/CW series (without milling), but you have to contact them directly about those sights as they are not listed on their website.

Regards,
    Greg
    Did you remove the white line from the rear sight? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Did you remove the white line from the rear sight? If so, why?
    Yes, I removed it. I don't care for the "Dot the I" thing that much.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I put night sights on my CW9, but for the CM9 I decided on a laser sight because of the short sight radius. I chose a Viridian R5 because it has a sensor that turns on the laser when the gun is removed from the special OWB holster that comes with the gun. There is also a kit you can buy from Viridian to modify any holster for the same capability. I put that on my pocket holster and it works.
    I've had a couple of Crimson Trace laser sights, but I didn't like them because by the 3rd or 4th shot I always seem to lose contact with the tiny button that activates them. I also looked at other sights that stay on if you push a button, but I like not having to find a button in a moment of extreme stress. There is also a button to turn off the laser for when you need to store the gun outside the holster or clean it.
    I've had the Viridian R5 at the range several times and shot a couple hundred rounds using it. I even shot it in a practical pistol match. It has held zero just fine. The laser reliably turns on and off using the sensor. It seems durable, but I'm not hard on things.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by fomcco View Post
    I put night sights on my CW9, but for the CM9 I decided on a laser sight because of the short sight radius. I chose a Viridian R5 because it has a sensor that turns on the laser when the gun is removed from the special OWB holster that comes with the gun. There is also a kit you can buy from Viridian to modify any holster for the same capability. I put that on my pocket holster and it works.
    I've had a couple of Crimson Trace laser sights, but I didn't like them because by the 3rd or 4th shot I always seem to lose contact with the tiny button that activates them. I also looked at other sights that stay on if you push a button, but I like not having to find a button in a moment of extreme stress. There is also a button to turn off the laser for when you need to store the gun outside the holster or clean it.
    I've had the Viridian R5 at the range several times and shot a couple hundred rounds using it. I even shot it in a practical pistol match. It has held zero just fine. The laser reliably turns on and off using the sensor. It seems durable, but I'm not hard on things.
    I'd much rather the grip activated button than being required to turn the laser on and off with a non grip button. I practice with the CTL so much that it is very instinctive and I can't see how in the world my grip could release the activation. But perhaps, that's just me.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Good stuff here! Tagged, cause I just got a CM9. I didn't even know night sights were a possibility with a CM9 until I read this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by garyb View Post
    I'd much rather the grip activated button than being required to turn the laser on and off with a non grip button.
    My point is that the Viridian R5 activates automatically and doesn't require pushing a button.