Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: I'm Finished With My R1 (Pic)

Thumbs up I'm Finished With My R1 (Pic)

1. STI Nylon Trigger
    2. Wilson Drop-In Beavertail Grip Safety
    3. Colt Hammer
    4. Remington Grip Panels w/ Pierce Finger Grips
    5 Wilson 8-Round Mag

Last edited by CC Hoosier; 09-23-2014 at 09:26 PM.

That's everything you talked about doing. Now ya got nothing to but go shoot it.

Was the drop in beavertail truly drop in? Didn't have to fandangle it none to work.

Looks good, you done good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's everything you talked about doing. Now ya got nothing to but go shoot it.

Was the drop in beavertail truly drop in? Didn't have to fandangle it none to work.

Looks good, you done good.
    THANKS. My next 1911 will be ALL BLING

The Wilson Beavertail was a true Drop-In. The trigger needed a few minor adjustments with no sanding or polishing. The hammer added a 1/2 pound trigger pull. I am waiting for my sear jig and honing stones to complete the task on the hammer and sear. It has a nice crisp 5 1/2 lb pull now. I want to get it down to 3 1/2 - 4 lbs.

I like 4 or just a tad more, not so much less. That's just about right for me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm leaning to a 4 lb more so than the 3 1/2 lb. When I got the trigger down to 5lb from just polishing parts of the trigger group, it felt really nice. I may go for a 4 1/2 lb pull. All the grit is gone. A friend of mine gave me his old 70 series Thompson Auto Ordinance to work on. The guy he bought it from put (crammed) a trigger in it. I tied to sand and polish the top and bottom to no avail. I'm going to try to put the R1 trigger in it. The guy he bought it from was also grinding on the side of the sear leaving heat rings on it. The trigger pull is off the scale with a lot of binding going on....pretty bad. Very nice gun with great looking patina, though. Everything else seems to be in good working order. It has the old un-throated barrel for ball ammo only.

Nothing but wild sex brings me more pleasure than my 1911.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380