Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns about my NEW kahr cm9...

Exclamation Concerns about my NEW kahr cm9...

Hello everyone! Today I picked up a new Kahr CM9 and had some concerns that maybe this community can help with:

I noticed that my Kahr CM9 is missing the plastic bag it comes in when I opened up my box, is this normal?

I've seen unboxing videos and seen friend's when they've purchased new kahr cm9 pistols and they all had their pistols in the plastic bag when they opened up their boxes.

My new purchase did not have the plastic bag when I opened up my box and removed the foam top, was I sold a used pistol as new?

Does every kahr cm9 get shipped out inside of a plastic bag? is there a chance mine was forgotten?

Another thing I noticed was that my trigger seems heavier than normal, I've handled dozens of new kahr cm9s in gun shops and my kahr cm9 has a noticeably heavier trigger, is there something wrong with mine?

I read in the FAQ that kahr test fires each gun, is it normal for the barrel to have a decent amount of fouling inside of it NEW? Does kahr clean the barrels before selling/shipping it?

finally, kahr cm9s don't come with spent casing envelops right? i am having a tough time trying to figure out my manufacture/born on date, so i have emailed kahr about that one...

I am somewhat paranoid that maybe I was sold a used gun as new? there are no U marks or anything like that on my trigger guard.

thank you everyone in advance

maybe it was on display? did you buy it from a gun store or online?? I doubt it was used and doubt it really matters its your gun now and all is well, fill her up and shoot it...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    maybe it was on display? did you buy it from a gun store or online?? I doubt it was used and doubt it really matters its your gun now and all is well, fill her up and shoot it...
    online, so there is no way to know i guess if it was a display or not

The dealer probably had it out to look at or just verify the serial. He may have just left it out of the bag.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The dealer probably had it out to look at or just verify the serial. He may have just left it out of the bag.
    i was thinking that as well however the online dealer specifically told me that no one from the stocking warehouse where guns are sent in from are not allowed to open the boxes. They receive invoices and send what they have in inventory. i am confused.

i imagine regardless, someone has to open the box up to verify serial right? when they receive it from a distributor or manufacturer to sell? i am thinking you are correct, i want that bag though lol, it's just unsettling to not get every single item that comes with it

my silica pack was even a white packet and not brown! haha

i am baffled by my trigger, after handling dozens of cm9s in stores they all had a consistent long but not so heavy trigger pull, my trigger seems to have a lighter initial short take up then the rest of the long pull being much heavier.

Kahr does not clean the barrel after test firing the pistol.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

When I bought mine new (at a gun shop in Boulder city) it did not come in the bag and did not have a spent shell casing.

Sounds like a lightly used pistol to me having NO bag and NO spent case or bag for it. The joy of dealing online or with corrupted dealers. You could check with kahr to see if the serial number has been registered to a different owner or the pistol has been in for any reason??

Don't worry about the trigger until you have a few hundred rounds through it. They lighten up and smooth out a bit. The bag wouldn't bother me a bit.