Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns about my NEW kahr cm9...

My Kahr didn't come in a bag I don't think. Stop worrying and shoot the damn thing.
    This place isn't safe.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. That gun will outlast you (new or used). Just make sure it works OK and send in that warranty card just in case that trigger doesn't smooth out with the break in. Just my humble 2 cents.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    They are prone to getting hit by the feed ramp. Just keep an eye on it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    dang, how common is this problem? i am worried now is it a known issue or is it a matter of quality control ?

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
    dang, how common is this problem? i am worried now is it a known issue or is it a matter of quality control ?
    I've got a worry wart brother who would notice the things you are noticing. Clean it up, break it in...shoot it. If you are looking for problems, you will be thinking you have them. If you have a problem, get it fixed. Good luck with your new gun. It will be just fine. Relax.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

You seem to be just a little tense...
    I feel I need to be pro-active in keeping you from having a heart attack or something.

When you get past the missing bag,etc. and get around to noticing that the frame has a bulge in it. And that there is a chip out of the front steel rail... stay calm, both are normal, the gun is made that way.

As a wise man once said (maybe more then once)
    Clean it, lube it,... and shoot it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by BEARDOG View Post
    You seem to be just a little tense...
    I feel I need to be pro-active in keeping you from having a heart attack or something.

When you get past the missing bag,etc. and get around to noticing that the frame has a bulge in it. And that there is a chip out of the front steel rail... stay calm, both are normal, the gun is made that way.

As a wise man once said (maybe more then once)
    Clean it, lube it,... and shoot it like you stole it!
    Ha--that one got me too.

I wouldn't consider the lack of a bag a sign of a used gun. My first step is to throw the bag away, as normally it is very oily and nasty inside, and I don't want to get that all over my stuff, nor would I put my nice clean gun back in that bag. It may just be whomever handled the gun to log it in cleaned it up and threw away the bag.

Also, I'm not sure if I've gotten spent cases or not. Either way, if you can't look at the gun and say "this is a used gun" I wouldn't think it is used. Take a few pictures of it, like the breech face, hood, etc, and I'm sure a few of the guys here can glance and tell you how used it looks.

Also, what is the weight on your trigger? Don't try and just guess that it feels lighter. It could also just be dry or something. Follow the prep steps, shoot it a few times, and see how it feels. I think you're getting yourself worked up and worried over nothing. IF the gun has problems, then you can start worrying. If not, enjoy it.

I also don't think the follower thing is something to start worrying about. You can search for the threads on here about it, but it's not something I'd worry about with a new gun.

Justin wins the internet today.

And even if you do have an issue still no need to worry at all. First we got some pretty sharp cookies around here to help you through and if it's beyond owner fixing Kahr WILL take care of it and we'll help you with that too.

Worry doesn't help anything in any way. I know I've been there. Now I'm just careless but it better.

Go shoot it. Get a solid grip, use decent quality factory ammo to start with. They like full power loads especially at first.

Nothing to worry about.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by JustinN View Post
    I wouldn't consider the lack of a bag a sign of a used gun. My first step is to throw the bag away, as normally it is very oily and nasty inside, and I don't want to get that all over my stuff, nor would I put my nice clean gun back in that bag. It may just be whomever handled the gun to log it in cleaned it up and threw away the bag.

Also, I'm not sure if I've gotten spent cases or not. Either way, if you can't look at the gun and say "this is a used gun" I wouldn't think it is used. Take a few pictures of it, like the breech face, hood, etc, and I'm sure a few of the guys here can glance and tell you how used it looks.

Also, what is the weight on your trigger? Don't try and just guess that it feels lighter. It could also just be dry or something. Follow the prep steps, shoot it a few times, and see how it feels. I think you're getting yourself worked up and worried over nothing. IF the gun has problems, then you can start worrying. If not, enjoy it.

I also don't think the follower thing is something to start worrying about. You can search for the threads on here about it, but it's not something I'd worry about with a new gun.
    i already cleaned and lubed the gun , but from what i can recall the breech face was a little dirty but not bad so wiping it with a rag cleaned it up and i didn't need to brush it or anything, so im thinking the breech was just slightly dirty from when kahr test fired it at the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Justin wins the internet today.

And even if you do have an issue still no need to worry at all. First we got some pretty sharp cookies around here to help you through and if it's beyond owner fixing Kahr WILL take care of it and we'll help you with that too.

Worry doesn't help anything in any way. I know I've been there. Now I'm just careless but it better.

Go shoot it. Get a solid grip, use decent quality factory ammo to start with. They like full power loads especially at first.

Nothing to worry about.
    thank you, im a bit of a hypochondriac with things