Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder finally!+New bullets too!

Thumbs up Powder finally!+New bullets too!

Just got back from my LGS with some new pistol powder! I got some Titegroup.

I have been trying to find and buy Bullseye since last spring with no luck finding it anywhere. I am down to about 1 full powder measure at this point and with 3 hungry 45's to feed plus a bunch of 9's and a few.380's I needed powder BAD!

Today I called to check again, no Bullseye... But they just got in some Titegroup, I did some quick online load data checking (it isn't listed in my 1989 Lyman manual??? LOL) and it looked like it should work for all my most used pistol cals. So I had them hold 2lbs for me and went and picked it up. I'll just have to print out the load data from the Hodgden website now...Anyone have any experience with this powder? Good? Bad?

Also, when I got back from the range yesterday with Dad. (We were shooting our new Kahr CW380's, I love that little gun!)... I found a heavy box at the door with my order from Bayou Bullets that I placed on Saturday night (that is fast shipping) These new coated bullets really look and feel good. I never used any coated bullets before, but people seem to really like them from Bayou. Anyone else using these? I will see for myself soon enough I guess. I already think their customer service is fantastic with the email order updates and fast shipping!

Life is good!
    Last edited by BEARDOG; 09-25-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Good for you Beardog. Glad you got some powder before the Hopper run dry. That would be a very bad thing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yes Col B. All these cool bullet launches we have aren't worth too much with no ammo!

I need to learn to buy stuff in bulk when I have the chance I guess??? If this is going to be the new norm...I'm good now though Got Powder,Primers,Bullets and a good friend helped me get stocked up on Brass

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Stock up.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I use Titegroup, no issues. Some of my competition shooting friends say that it's dirty, but I haven't noticed.
    Sooner Born and Sooner Bred

Tom Givens (Rangemaster) - Certified Advanced Firearms Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by TD2K View Post
    I use Titegroup, no issues. Some of my competition shooting friends say that it's dirty, but I haven't noticed.
    Good to know.
    I also see/hear people say that about Bullseye too? I never really noticed or cared much about my guns being dirty after I shoot them. Just seems normal to me if using factory ammo, or reloads that after shooting them they need cleaned.

Good to hear powder is back,I'm still using the supply I bought during the last panic.
    I agree it's time to stock up.

Please let us know what you think of TightGroup, especially as compared to BullsEye. Powder has been is short supply around here lately too. My last purchase I had a choice between Clays and AutoComp. AutoComp turned out to be a little pressure sensitive - and I get weirdly inconsistent results in the CW380. In the CM40 a load near the light end of the published data was hotter than expected.

Can't wait until BullsEye, WW231, and Unique are back in plentiful supply.

Quick edit later the same day - On the way home I stopped at a lgs and they had one pound of TightGroup on the shelf. And when I left they had none. I'll be doing some 380 experiments soon.
    Last edited by pbagley; 09-26-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Powder isn't back per se but it is shipped out frequently and at your local supplier for a limited time, people like myself buy my limit (2#)every time I'm in there (when avail). Called a LGS/supply hadn't been to in years and they had 231, bullseye, titegroup etc, I was blown away but didn't need powder when I called I had 12#, anyhow 3 days go by and I was in their area and decided to stop in and browse (its a big gun/reloading store) looking at holsters and cases, went on the other side of store and browsed their powders, they were down to a bare minimum again... talked to the counter and he said they get tons of it in every shipment but it doesn't last once word gets out....

reminds me of .22 ammo.............................................. .................................................. ...............................................

Beardog,
    I have been using Titegroup for about 2 years now, on 9mm and 380.....
    No issues at all. In fact, I actually like it better than 231 in my 9mm, for IDPA stuff. Seems less smokey...
    I have found that the Hodgen book varies slightly from the Speer manual, for my particular bullet....I just split the difference and have had no problems.