Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW9 General Reliability & Compared to CM/PM9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have a CM9. About 350 rounds through. It has never missed once. From the box I cleaned it, racked it 200 times. I was worried and researched lots before buying. Finally decided to "take a chance" because it is without a doubt the best size for 9mm concealed carry. It is my EDC now.

Estero, FL

Ive owned both, still own the cm9 because i wanted a smaller 9mm and traded. Wish i still had both.

If you pocket carry or appendix carry, get the cm9. Otherwise get the cw9.
    The cm9 leaves the pinky dangling. The cw9 is full grip.
    Out of 1000+ rounds my cw9 never failed at all.
    Out of 1000+ rounds my cm9 failed to feed only once in the first 100 rounds and that probably was my fault. Its been flawless since.

Do yourself a favor and buy both as you can afford them because youll like them both. I want another cw9 (and a whole lot of other guns too but i just bought a commander size 1911 last week for $299 so now im spent out )
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have the CM9 and CW9,plus a CT40

Anyway back to the OP.Both the CW and CM 9's are good to go for me.
    I carry the CM9 more often since it slides right in my pocket. The CW 9 is much easier to shoot and control though.
    A good way to carry is the CM9 in weakside front pocket,CW9 strongside at 3 or 9 o'clock.

I have a CW-9 and it is a wonderful gun. When new, the ammo in the mag would hit the slide stop and lock it open which was quite aggravating. I filed down the nub on the slide stop and everything I feed it works perfectly now.
    Really shouldn'
    t have to do that with a new gun, but the info gotten from this web site showed me that was the solution. Love the CW-9.

Have both. Carry both. CM9 in pocket, CW9 IWB. With the right pants, the CW9 will also pocket. Can't go wrong with either. Or both

Quote Originally Posted by glacierhiker View Post
    However, the PM9 I rented had the same malfunction on each rental experience. The slide locked back on the second or third round of a full 7 round mag. This happened once on each trip, out of about 50 rounds shot.
    You could be bumping the slide stop with your hand or it could be that a round is activating the slide stop as it chambers. both are easy to fix.

As to your overall question, it sounds like you'd buy a CM9 if it was approved in california because it is more compact than the CW9, and less expensive than the PM9. If I were in your shoes, I'd sacrifice a little compactness and get the CW9. Use the money you save to get some extra mags, ammo, and a decent holster. There's no mechanical difference between a CM9 and a CW9 as you probably already know. The CM just has a shorter barrel and a shorter grip/magwell. My CM9 has never had any failure after more than 1000 rounds. I would expect to have similar results with a CW9. If not, the fixes are usually pretty easy to track down, and Kahrtalk has a pretty good library of solutions to the most common problems. The most significant problem I've heard of with CW9s is that some have feed ramps that are out of spec, which causes them to break magazine followers.

Good Luck,

As they say in the rodeo you pay your entry fee and take your chances. This ain't my first rodeo and my CM9 has been flawless since the break-in with well over two thousand rounds through it. Jocko has over 32,000 rounds through his PMJ9 and you might say that he's been rode hard and put away wet. I say go for it.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

It took me a bit more than 200 rounds to break my cw9 in, even during the break in my initial problems fail to chamber the first round cleanly. After about 250 rounds the thing is flawless. I'm just at about 330 rounds now, but it's running like a swiss clock.

I own a CW9 and have put 1400 rounds down range without a single malfunction. A friend of mine has also put 1400 rounds down range through his cw9 without a single hiccup as well. IMHO they are way more reliable than most people tend to give them credit for. Stick to the cleaning guide posted on here and make sure to keep it lubed. The Kahrs definitely like to be wet haha. Keep us posted and happy shootin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk