Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: P45 Extractor Problem

Default P45 Extractor Problem

I recently bought a used (2010 model) P45 from a Guns America dealer. When I got it it appeared to be in good shape but when I went to the range to shoot it, the extractor, spring and both pins fell out and disappeared after a few rounds. I didn't realize what had happened when I first started having cycle problems and, by the time I did, I was unable to find any of the pieces in the gravel-covered ground. I have now replaced the extractor assembly (extractor, front and rear pins and spring) with parts ordered from Kahr. It appears to function properly but I won't have the chance to shoot it again until next Saturday. I can tell you that I'll be looking to see if the extractor falls out after each shot for the 1st few...!)

I also have a PM9 (bought new) and a P9 (bought used) and both pistols have been flawless at the range - never a hiccup. I never expected this problem from a Kahr so the P45 caught be by surprise.

My question is for any of you who have a Kahr in .45acp...does the P45 have any issues, extractor or otherwise, that I should be aware of in a used pistol or is it typically as dependable as the other models? Just looking for P45 comments....

Occasionally an extractor breaks. It's no big deal. Replace it and shoot the fokker like you stole it.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I plan to do that - once I "prove" it I intend to carry it. Kahrs are great carry pieces, especially in summer and the days of less clothing and I prefer the larger caliber when I can carry it. I also like the black slides for carry - none of my carry guns have shiny parts. (Just my preference)